Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Needed

GT4 EIRE

HI THERE.I NEED HELP TO SOLVE A PROBLEM WITH MY GEN 5 ST185,JAP SPEC.AS THE CAR SITS AT 800RPM AT IDLE,ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE WILL JUMP TO 2000RPM AND HOLD,SOMETIMES FOR AS LONG AS A MINUTE BEFORE COMING DOWN.IF I TRY TO PULL AWAY WHEN THIS HAPPENS IT STALLS.ANY IDEAS?THERE IS ALSO A HISSING SOUND WHICH SOUNDS LIKE ITS COMING FROM AROUND THE THROTTLE HOUSING.I HAVE HAD THE CAR ON A DIAGNOSTICS MACHINE BUT IT SHOWS NO FAULTS.HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME.THANKS.

HI THERE.I NEED HELP TO SOLVE A PROBLEM WITH MY GEN 5 ST185,JAP SPEC.AS THE CAR SITS AT 800RPM AT IDLE,ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE WILL JUMP TO 2000RPM AND HOLD,SOMETIMES FOR AS LONG AS A MINUTE BEFORE COMING DOWN.IF I TRY TO PULL AWAY WHEN THIS HAPPENS IT STALLS.ANY IDEAS?THERE IS ALSO A HISSING SOUND WHICH SOUNDS LIKE ITS COMING FROM AROUND THE THROTTLE HOUSING.I HAVE HAD THE CAR ON A DIAGNOSTICS MACHINE BUT IT SHOWS NO FAULTS.HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME.THANKS.

Check for loose or split vacuum hoses, oh and take off the caps lock :thumbsup:

and take off the caps lock :thumbsup:

But his car doesn`t have a caps lock. And if it did would it make it idle erratticaly.... :P

But his car doesn`t have a caps lock. And if it did would it make it idle erratticaly.... :P

A very good question :D In the words of my old english teacher "Discuss" :P

IMO innapropriate use of the TAB key would cause more of a problem. Long spaced stuttering probably. :D

IMO innapropriate use of the TAB key would cause more of a problem. Long spaced stuttering probably. :D

Unless he's got a sticky space bar :yes:

oooh... I`ve got one of those....... :unsure: Oh no, It`s a sticky mars bar i`ve got. :wacko:

oooh... I`ve got one of those....... :unsure: Oh no, It`s a sticky mars bar i`ve got. :wacko:

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to eat stuff by your computer :rolleyes:

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to eat stuff by your computer :rolleyes:

It`s not by it........ It`s on it. Well kinda over it really....... Ewwwww. :unsure:

It`s not by it........ It`s on it. Well kinda over it really....... Ewwwww. :unsure:

lol, messy... :rolleyes: You do know that computers don't eat don't you :P

Lol, my PC drinks quite often. I spill beer or wine in the keyboard every couple of months!. Red wine is the worst, but its ok as long as you run the keyboard under the shower as soon as you do it :thumbsup:

Lol, my PC drinks quite often. I spill beer or wine in the keyboard every couple of months!. Red wine is the worst, but its ok as long as you run the keyboard under the shower as soon as you do it :thumbsup:

Funnily enough when I was a uni, one of my mates decided to give his PS2 a couple of pints of beer :crybaby: .

Took it apart and washed it out under a tape left it on the draining board overnight to dry out, put it all back together and it's never run better :thumbsup: :D