Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello You Beautiful People !

The Pirate

Hi Ladies and Gentlepeeps,

My name is Pete and i`m an alcoholic ...... no , i`m not, i am new to this site.

I have an 86 AE82 GT what i have just bought . i`ve bin after one for a while and its been bought to bring back to better than new.

I need loads of advice and will be stripping the words out of the forums for a while , but for the moment i need a front pipe ....any suggestions as to where to go?.((don`t !!)

I am going to completely replace the exhaust with a free flowing system (stainless) .... if i can find one i may just do that .....replace the lot , but a downpipe would do for now.

Anyhow .....Greetings to all of you !!!! must go, Nursey will be back soon.

post-30919-1156280142_thumb.jpgpost-30919-1156280083_thumb.jpgpost-30919-1156280124_thumb.jpgThanks Dave.

The pics are how i bought it .....LOOOOOOT of work to do !!

COME ON LADS , I NEED THE EXHAUST ADVICE ..... 23 Viewings , 1 reply

Cheers again,

Pete.

Looks like an awesome example of an early car, nice find :D :D :D

Wouldn't know where to start on the exhaust unless yuo have a decent custom place local to you...

Nice looking car - looks nice and tidy :thumbsup: !

I don't have a clue about car's apart from how to drive them (quite questionable) and where to put the diesel :lol: !

Some people will be around later and give you some advice :thumbsup: !

you should be able to get a front pipe from any good motor factors, but hold your breath and sit down cos i had to pay £75 when i had the 4A-ge in the rolla. trouble is that most aftermarket performance systems dont come with front pipe so your kinda stuck.

your car looks immaculate by the way, one of the cleanest 82's ive seen in a while.

what sort of areas are you looking at for info?

cheers and welcome

lee

Nice Car seen it on eBay a few weeks ago......looks clean......

Well regarding your question on car parts try eBay.....it can be a pain at times but you'll be amazed what you can find for these cars from different countries......

Just dont go bidding against me on anything now will ya..... :D

good luck with the project

post-30919-1156280142_thumb.jpgpost-30919-1156280083_thumb.jpgpost-30919-1156280124_thumb.jpgThanks Dave.

The pics are how i bought it .....LOOOOOOT of work to do !!

COME ON LADS , I NEED THE EXHAUST ADVICE ..... 23 Viewings , 1 reply

Cheers again,

Pete.

HI I SEE YOU BOUGHT MY CAR THEN I owned this car 3 weeks ago and then sold it to some guy in waarington then i fink you bought it from him its good a very good engine init it pulls real good. the pictures you put up are the ones i took when i sold it :thumbsup:

let me know if you need any other parts as i have 3 ae82 gt's and 1 for breaking.

Hi Man,

Engines out and ready to strip and go away while i start on the body .... straightening out the under side and stich welding the seams .

Leda are making me some struts.

Front wings are off to sort.

Got to get an exhaust made up.

I`ve been very busy.

Cheers,

I`ll let you know if i need anyfink.

Pete.

Hi Man,

So........... how long did you rally it for ?...lol.

Its nearly straight now, engine out ,wings off ... had a freeflow exhaust made , gearbox away to gearbox mending people.

Cheers,

Pete.

you should be able to get a front pipe from any good motor factors, but hold your breath and sit down cos i had to pay £75 when i had the 4A-ge in the rolla. trouble is that most aftermarket performance systems dont come with front pipe so your kinda stuck.

your car looks immaculate by the way, one of the cleanest 82's ive seen in a while.

what sort of areas are you looking at for info?

cheers and welcome

lee

Hi Lee,

I suppose the main thing is sourcing parts .... ball joints ... track rod ends, bushes etc , i want to replace the lot.

I`ll need advice along the way i spose , but i am a time served mechanic .... i

do know my way about ....i loved it that much i became a session drummer !!!!

Do you know if a quick-rack is available ( steering , not roof lol )

Need some front wings too .

Leda are making me some suspension units up from the original patterns.

Need some nice 15"wheels.

Got my exhaust made up ....just need an extractor manifold now ....gulp !!

Thanks for the reply ....sorry for the delay in getting back.

Cheers,

Pete.