Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is My Car Damaged?

BlueMagic

Hi everyone...

I was parallel parking outside work a minute ago, and as I swung back into the space (parking on left-hand side), I somehow managed to mount the kerb, and when I reversed back, I think I caught my bumper on the lamp post. It sounded as if it'd been pulled off and then pinged back. More of a long noise than a "bump". I've not dared look at it yet - has anyone done anything similar or know what I might be in for when I look at it after work?

Adam

Hope that you have not damaged the lampost :) Its not a good idea to swing into parking spaces......better to reverse in slowly.

Seriously, you may have popped your bumper off its mountings.

When you check on the damage to the lampost it would be a good idea to look at your car.

Let us know how you get on.

I think there are mudguards, but can't be sure... it's a P1, so I know it's pretty hard to actually damage the bodywork at low speeds because of the plastic bumper giving you protection. I'm hoping it's just that that's popped off and back on again.

Someone else in the office has just gone to lunch so I've sent her to have a look at it! I daren't!

As has been said, you really need to look at it yourself to find out exactly what you've done... it may be nothing... I've thought I've hit something before and turns out I havent!

Dont be chicken about it (sorry, but its gotta be said) and go out and look at it and inspect whats happened, it may be nothing, but no one can help you until you look at the damage, if there is any. :thumbsup:

I've not dared look at it yet -

has anyone done anything similar or know what I might be in for when I look at it after work?

That would be a No...

ball-crystal-fused3.jpg

:lol:

I 'crash' my car all the time! The p*ss flaps at the front scrape on lumps and in a carpark in leeds, the mudguards scrape on the filth from a building site just up my road, the exhaust bottoms out on speed bumps and on country road 'crests' (with showers of sparks to the cars behind! :lol: ) and the back bumper is bent underneath from when I cut my hand changing the back wiper blade in the freezing cold and kicked the bumper! :lol: (you can't really see that though!)

Other than that... absolute tip top shape! :lol::thumbsup:

Well..................................how was the lampost..........................................oh...and the Yaris, we are still waiting to hear :)

Bump...................................or not?? :rolleyes: Still waiting

Maybe it wasnt damaged after all...

The local council WILL be pleased :D..........about the lampost