Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cambelt Time Interval

StuartAr

I've heard rumours that there is a time interval as well as a mileage one on the cambelt. Have a 94 celica thats only done 53000 miles, but obviously 12 years old. Do I need to be panicking?

I've heard rumours that there is a time interval as well as a mileage one on the cambelt. Have a 94 celica thats only done 53000 miles, but obviously 12 years old. Do I need to be panicking?

There is an interval of every 5 years I think or 60000 miles. My car has done 58K now and is the same age as yours and I haven't had it done yet. I'll get round to it soon!!!!! Don't panic too much, if it does go you'll brake down but it shouldn't damage your engine as it's non interferance :thumbsup:

Shouldn`t being the operative word. But i don`t think anyone will gaurantee it. You guys need to get it sorted sooner rather than later. :yes::thumbsup:

You are definately right Dak :yes::yes: - I've had several quotes and am going to book it in when I'm on holiday for 2 weeks :cheers: as of this weekend :) :)

To stuartar - don't panic, but do get it done sometime soonish :thumbsup:

Hmmm, ok thanks. Its the girlfriends car, we were planning to take it to Spain on Friday but a 2000 mile round trip might not be a good idea.

So I have to get a cambelt change tomorrow or insure her on my 4. Ouch :(

Stuart, I got mine done in a place called C.A.R.S. near Woking. It was the cheapest quote by a long way at £149 all in. Thought that might be useful as i see you're in Surrey and there's some !Removed! expensive garages round here.

Hmmm, ok thanks. Its the girlfriends car, we were planning to take it to Spain on Friday but a 2000 mile round trip might not be a good idea.

Know which one i`d do........ :lol:

Stuart, I got mine done in a place called C.A.R.S. near Woking. It was the cheapest quote by a long way at £149 all in. Thought that might be useful as i see you're in Surrey and there's some !Removed! expensive garages round here.

Not only expensive, but some of them really seem to have never seen a Celica before.

Thanks, I 'll check out CARS.

Know which one i`d do........ :lol:

Mate, you _really_ havent seen her driving!!! :)

Recently did mine, 11yo and 75k miles. Belt looked brand new, no cracks or even stains. kind of wish I didn't bother but peace of mind and all that. I really wouldn't worry about another 2k. Personally I'd just go for it. But do get it changed. Toyota want £240ish as a reference. Few garages wouldn't touch mine so I did it myself.

Have a good trip.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Recently did mine, 11yo and 75k miles. Belt looked brand new, no cracks or even stains. kind of wish I didn't bother but peace of mind and all that. I really wouldn't worry about another 2k. Personally I'd just go for it. But do get it changed. Toyota want £240ish as a reference. Few garages wouldn't touch mine so I did it myself.

Have a good trip.

Ben

Thanks mate, that was the conclusion we came to. Car still running fine, 2500 miles in a week and didnt miss a beat (apart from the auto box _really_ struggling up the mountains mid-France). Did they release the Celica in Europe? We never saw another one and it got some very admiring looks.

the price down south is ridiculous, i was getting quoted almost 500 for a full service and cam belt change

been told i can get it down for less 250ish up north

so this weekend im heading up

Have a good trip.

Ben

Thanks mate, that was the conclusion we came to. Car still running fine, 2500 miles in a week and didnt miss a beat (apart from the auto box _really_ struggling up the mountains mid-France). Did they release the Celica in Europe? We never saw another one and it got some very admiring looks.