Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tsport Cai

rolley

Good Evening Everyone,

Anybody seen this baby TRD CAI because its making me :drool:

Does anybody have one fitted and how easy is it to fit?

Plus anybody know of where you can get one over here in wonderful wet britain as this is the first CAI i've seen for a TS.

Rolley

I've seen it before, but I'm struggling to see how it fits the T Sport as the piping would bring the filter to the location of the Battery... maybe it's the wrong pic?

Anyhow, it's not strictly CAI as there's no cold air feed pipe to it, or it's not enclosed. Go for a K&N Typhoon Induction kit. Mine showed an 11hp gain on the rollers! £185 on eBay.co.uk :thumbsup:

Cheers for the info :thumbsup:

To be honest I was looking at the K&N, then saw the TRD and fancied that. :drool:

Then again it'd cost ya an arm and a leg to ship it over.

So..... When you fitted your K&N what did you do with the rest of the pipes that seem to be piped into the air intake hose next to the engine block. One is obviously the breather but i've counted another 3 or 4! :huh:

Cheers for the info :thumbsup:

To be honest I was looking at the K&N, then saw the TRD and fancied that. :drool:

Then again it'd cost ya an arm and a leg to ship it over.

So..... When you fitted your K&N what did you do with the rest of the pipes that seem to be piped into the air intake hose next to the engine block. One is obviously the breather but i've counted another 3 or 4! :huh:

hi i fitted the k&n typhoon induction kit to my corolla compressor and definate improvement dont worry about where the pipes go you get detailed instructions on what to do with vacuum pipes as dependant on year of corolla depends which pipes you have. check out the fitting instructions on k&n web site you,ll see what i mean. :thumbsup:

K19NE G and 215 Comp - Hid you put it on your insurance? How much difference did it make?

And K19NE G was it Roaling roaded before and after or just after? (i'm a bit scepticle about some RR results!)

Bero

K19NE G and 215 Comp - Hid you put it on your insurance? How much difference did it make?

And K19NE G was it Roaling roaded before and after or just after? (i'm a bit scepticle about some RR results!)

Bero

some insurance companys wont accept mods that increase performance... i had to change to adrian flux insurance to get my k&n 57i kit covered. the price did not increase though. :thumbsup:

forsale00004.jpg

Bero

I'm insured with Adrian Flux for £475 with induction kit, lowering springs and alloys declared (plus the tints and chip I never got fitted! :lol:) so I guess it made no difference as that's cheap for a 26 year old IMO.

Wasn't rolling roaded before, but the tester was impressed as he'd done a standard car before... You can feel a big difference in lift though... :thumbsup:

I was scouting the aussie forums the other day after my post about the TRD CAI (First post in this thread) and found this thread linky , i'm kinda glad i didn't jump head first in purchasing it and i'm glad i asked questions here first.

Seems like it will fit but your gonna have issues with it rubbing on the body work (see the wonderfully detailed bitmap image).

The other problem is water, if you wash your car the filter is gonna soak up most of the water. Not good your gonna suck up loads of it driving round with the way the weather is in this country.

:wacko:

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I put a Blitz Sonic Power filter on mine. Had to get it all the way from Japan - 9 week wait :wacko: Im sure some shop could have got it quicker but no where i asked had it in stock.

When it arrived however it does look the business, comes with an adjustable aluminium heatshield, big cotton gauze filter element and polished centre plus cast aluminium flowed base with all holes for the OE airflow meter.

Got it fitted with no problems with spacing (although it is a smidge close to the battery) there are no rubbing problems.

The sound is absolutely top notch, really really loud from about 4000rpm upwards and you get a noticible boom when the lift kicks in and a roar to the redline :drool: .

Havent had it dyno'd or RR'ed as yet but it does feel lighter on its feet now, especially in high lift.

Anybody else got one of these?? How did you find it?

G

well you need spend some time to play with it... my mate done and it looks like this

db5171177833e791med.jpg

now he has the KN shortram..same as mine :thumbsup: works better i think...

well you need spend some time to play with it... my mate done and it looks like this

db5171177833e791med.jpg

now he has the KN shortram..same as mine :thumbsup: works better i think...

That's alot of work! I'd agree the short ram would be better... then bring the cold air to the filter!

I had this one fitted, and It really changed the car 100%

I had the TRD CAI for over 2yrs now and 0 problems and here in Costa Rica it rains a LOT

Do you have to be that destructive to the car :blink:. Why can't it be simple plug and play :lol:

Was reading the Aussie forums and they reacon that a short ram intake is more responsive than a Cold Air. Basically because its got a shorter feed. Think As K19 said stick a short ram in and feed the air to it.

i put the blitz sus. so easy to fit looks good sounds great .

will try and post pic tomorrow :thumbsup:

i have blitz super sonic in my cts it look and sound awesome :)

so it should it cost me 289.99 :P :D

PS:i have A Tom'S SUPER RAM II panel filter for sale :thumbsup: only had 2 month's use and it should give you 2-3 horse power very rare to get hold of one in uk and it is re-useable unlike TRD panel filter.

HI ALL AM NEW ON HERE AND IS MY FIRST POST, JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I LIVE FAIRLY CLOSE TO FENSPORT CAMBRIDGE AND WENT THERE WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT MY CTS AND THEY RECOMENDED THE BLITZ SUS INDUCTION KIT. WAS £200 ODD BUT HAVE NEVER HAD AN INDUCTION KIT WHICH I CAN ACTUALLY FEEL A NOTICEABLE INCREASE IN PERFORMANCE. ALL I CAN THINK IS THAT THE STANDARD AIRBOX MUST BE VERY RESTRICTIVE AS BEFORE PUTTING IT ON CIVIC TYPE R'S USED TO HAVE THAT EDGE ON ME AND BE ABLE TO BEAT ME, THAT CHANGED WHEN I PUT THAT ON. AS WELL AS A FEW OTHER MINOR TWEAKS THAT FENSPORT RECOMENDED AND I CAN QUITE COMFORTABLY BEAT STANDARD TYPE R'S NOW! LOVING IT!!!!! NO OFFENCE BUT I KEEP HEARING PPL TALK ABOUT THE K&N INDUCTION KIT FOR CTS BUT IN ALL MY EXPERIENCE WITH CARS I ALWAYS THOUGHT K&N WAS S**T BEEN THERE A COUPLE OF TIMES AND WONT GO BACK, DEFINTITELY RECOMMEND BLITZ. OH YEAH SOUNDS AMAZING TOO BONUS! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links