Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox

stock

i was just wondering my 0-60 time is bout 8.2 but i loose time on changing gear. im good but if i diddnt change in to 3rd till after 60 i wud be fine!!!!!! i was thinking of ecu remapping but dont really want to do it its all standard really? what would you guys think?

'Tard.

Widening your gear ratio's will slow you down. Haven't you heard of a close-ratio gearbox?? They're used for better acceleration.

If you're still not convinced... you pay fro the labour and i'll swap my SR gearbox for your T-Sport one. The gear changes are at the following speeds...

into 2nd: 34mph

3rd: 66mph

4th: 95mph

5th: 109mph

Im guessing you're using a stop-watch or something similar to time your 0-60mph runs? If you are and therefore aren't being officially timed then i suggest you stop the clock at 64mph anyway as your speedo overeads by roughly that amount.

Widening your gear ratio's will slow you down.

but having to disengage the engine twice on the way to 60 wont? - swings and roundabouts here...

It completely depends on how fast you can swap cogs (ie how much you can limit the time when the engine aint getting to the tyres)

Although your acceleration maybe slower with a longer 1st/2nd you are in the power longer (the exact amount of time is the time for that 2nd to 3rd change)

I suspect this amount of time to be > 0.2 seconds, so will see you to a sub 8 second 0-60 sprint - if your 8.2 quote is exactly accurate.

tbh stop looking at figures mate.. they dont make squat difference to how the car drives. Theres a guy in a car club Im a member of, had his car dynoed.. didnt hit 300brake (was only like 5bhp off) - he had it dynoed elsewhere to get a more favourable graph.. one with the 'magic' 300 number on it. very very sad really, because the car was the same car.. same everything. :rolleyes: how a bit of paper with a slighlty nicer graph makes any difference i'll never know.... I'd only get a longer set of cogs if I thought driving the car would be more fun afterwards.. while it would be nice getting to 62 or more in 2nd I dont think it'd make the car better.

tbh the Yaris gets to license loosing speeds fast enough IMO - and thats due to short gears. acceleration is far more important than being able to do 130, 140.. whatever if you ask me. you cant hit these speeds on a track, only motorway... where it is highly illegal to do so ( > 100mph = instant ban afaik)

The TS gearbox is far more fun driving wise than the others. It's shorter cogs means it's geared much better for both accelerative progress and steady progress. It sits in it's power band much better and the speeds that it's at both peak torque and power are far more usable on the road.

kimi will slap your bum bum graham :P

He would like it really :P :lol:

He would like it really :P :lol:

Oooh err! Don't think my missis would approve!

(Unless you sold me your TS! :lol: )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links