Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can I Rip Of Insulation Under Bonnet

andyGT4

RIP IT OFF! :D :lol:

It doesnt do anything except keep a bit of rain off your heatshield and the heat in your engine bay.

Engine drops quite a few degrees without it and a little rain on the headshield never hurt anyone :thumbsup:

Could well be that toyota stapled it on for the CS never look at one to be honest.

On the faff the plug thingys that hold the insulation on just go through the plastic round the vent, through the insulation then into the mounting holes on the bonnet... :thumbsup:

Ah, that makes sense - therefore I guess the clip can be used to hold it onto the bonnet, even when the insulation's removed. Not so lucky with the 185.

Is there anyone out there with a ST185 who has fitted this thing back onto the car, or have you all just chucked it away with the insulaton?

Thanks for all the info Sketchy :thumbsup:

Slightly different set up on a standard 185 compared to the CS. It`s part of the rubber seal surround on the vent. But as i said it`s different vent. Yours has a chargecooler so probably no sealing strip.

Anyway. I`ve removed the duct on mine completely, working on the principle that i`ve cooler underbonnet temps and more airflow going through the engine bay - I`ve also removed the front & rear bonnet sealing strips and the undertrays. I`m thinking of modding the cambelt cover anyway to let even more air to it. :thumbsup: