Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Meet Anyone?

minidoughty

I would be up for that .....................let us know when and where :thumbsup:

If it's after 1st September I will have my new Yaris :)

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demonic Angel

• Woody27

• Yaris SR Kid

• Lenry

hey I've just read through the thread and couldn't help thinking of the Ozone Leisure park (Kassam Stadium)

Well look there is ample parking space!! There’s a frankys and bennys restaurant, Vue Cinema , bowling, pool, bar oh and Gala Bingo that would be funny

It's easy to get to as well.

Also What about Bank Holiday Monday for the date?

Google Earth Linky

Ozone.JPG

That looks awesome for parking! And yeah seems a lot to do there if we get too bored (if not like you said it's a big enough car park to hang around in!) Bank holiday monday would be awesome IF i didn't have to work 12-4 :P Unless it was done as an evening thing? Would have to see what you guys say?

EDIT: Postcode for Lenry's suggestion is OX4 4XP If anyone wanted to see how far away it was from them :thumbsup:

That looks awesome for parking! And yeah seems a lot to do there if we get too bored (if not like you said it's a big enough car park to hang around in!) Bank holiday monday would be awesome IF i didn't have to work 12-4 :P Unless it was done as an evening thing? Would have to see what you guys say?

I'm up for it being in the evening, there is also a travel lodge there, if it's a bit far for people to travel back that day/night.

So deffo before the 1st then yeah? :P

Just because after the 1st my Yaris would be a shineyer red than yours :P ;)

200 mile round trip for me...........................thats 4 gallons of petrol ;)

O Red c'mon everyone knows it's not just how red it is, it's how you use it :P

I'm up for it being in the evening, there is also a travel lodge there, if it's a bit far for people to travel back that day/night.

This guy's good :P Sounds a plan but would have to see if peeps could do if evening, specially if they have work on the tuesday! But yeah its about an hour away from me which is perfect! And people asked for it to be more oxfords way which it is also! Thing is, although the restaurant looks good to me, it is one specific style so would have to see what the others say on that one! Do you know if there is a pub/restaurant in the area incase as we could always meet there then go on to the restaurant/pub (something like brewsters)?

Cheers :D

EDIT: I looked at Em's handy post and its 24 or 25 mins to the two nearest harvesters so they're still in the equation if we did a little convoy down to one of them if we don't find one closer?

O Red c'mon everyone knows it's not just how red it is, it's how you use it :P

This guy's good :P Sounds a plan but would have to see if peeps could do if evening specially if they have work on the tuesday! But yeah its about an hour away from me which is perfect! And people asked for it to be more oxfords way which it is also! Thing is though the restaurant looks good to me, it is one specific style so would have to see what the others say on that one! Is there a pub/restaurant in the area do you know incase as we could always meet there then go pub?

Cheers :D

Yes, there's a bar and fast food style food outlet in the bowling place.

It shold cater for everyone, if not, there is a pub just 1 minute round the corner.

it's all there lol

Oh it'll be my first meet.

Wow like i said your good at this :P Right thing is we may have to book if the guys want to eat at the pub as obviously thats more of a group thing (which i think is a nice idea) If they want to eat in the leisure place we can see when we get there! Hell even if they decide to split up a bit (rather avoid this as better as a big group) they can! Tbh i just wana make it a light hearted fun meet!

O and Lenry don't worry about it being your first, my first was JAE this year and they really are a welcoming bunch! Hell i still barely know most of them hence a nice meet :D But yeah i'm sure we all come over and say hi! I'm the one with messy longish hair next to the red SR :P

One other thing, if we were to want a booking at that pub round the corner (i'm guessing it's a pub/restaurant?) would you be able to book the table if we gave you numbers? Also the only other thing is it may be hard to book a table on a bank holiday making the food inside the leisure centre sound a plus (specially if there is a bar we could always get drinks at after!)

O also still gota wait for the people to get back with dates as bank holiday may be too soon/have other bookings! If we get like 10 up for bank holiday we could always do that and then do another later in year? If it goes well maybe even at same place! Tbh i'm up for a meet whenever!

I'm the one with the messy longish hair next to the beaten up Yaris S lol

There is lot of options, if you need me to try and book a table/food at the pub or the restaurant that's not a problem.

if you need any more info or help just ask.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow inside and out if you would like lol

Lol sounds like a recon mission :P Go for it soldier! Well if your there you can but honestly don't go out of your way to do it! Sounds pretty good from what you said so far! Little things like there being a cash point there etc. are handy things meaning people won't get caught out! (though apparently it charges :P) Is there a petrol station near by? :P I think now best let people get back to us to see if there all ok with it :thumbsup:

Well i dunno about you lot but he just sold it to me, how does TOC team Bingo sound to you lot :P Could be a laugh!

there's a big tesco just up the round, burger king, petrol station. in the retail park with tesco.

right off to bed now. lol

Bank Holiday as in the one in 3 days time?

Thats a bit short notice for some people - I can't do it then, I am in Worksop til late in the evening.

Most meets of a substantial size are planned in advance so people can have time to sort things out!

How about 30th September for a date? Its a Saturday, its the end of the month (so folks will have money!) and its not October which means I can come! That gives people a month-in-advance! :yes:

Bank Holiday as in the one in 3 days time?

Thats a bit short notice for some people - I can't do it then, I am in Worksop til late in the evening.

Most meets of a substantial size are planned in advance so people can have time to sort things out!

How about 30th September for a date? Its a Saturday, its the end of the month (so folks will have money!) and its not October which means I can come! That gives people a month-in-advance! :yes:

sounds good to me, I'm good any day really.

nice suggestion Demonic Angel :)

I wouldn't be able to make the Bank Holiday as I'm hopefully off to the Carnival! :drunk::goof:

30th Sept should be ok by me. I'll check. :thumbsup:

Bit of a trek - dude, you're like another 20 miles further than me.

Hardly a trip to Scotland now is it? :D

A bit of a treck ....... but im all game ;) !

Any weekend is fine for me :thumbsup: !

A treck? :lol:

You can follow me down if you like Dave.... ;)

Awesome i work saturdays but could easily get the day off if i plan it this far in advance! :D So the 30th is sounding like a good date :D What you guys up for as far as food? I think the options are:

1. Choose a place to eat when we get there as it is a big enough place with a variety of food outlets inside which can easily accomodate us

2. Choose a local pub/restaurant in advance and book a table for a large number of us (could be the pub round the corner, a local brewsters/harvester) your choice

3. There's that Franky's and Benny's inside we could always book if people fancy that

4. There is a Burger King round the area next to tesco we could always get :P

5. Any other suggestions?

I will see what the general concensus is but may make it into a poll if it's hard to follow!

Also would eventually need to start getting some kind of numbers of those who wish to turn up but i will let it run for a while still as not everyone will have read the topic and also people may need to check diaries/make plans!

This is coming along a lot better than i had hoped though so should be a really good laugh :D

Sorry been away from home for a long time!! Well 2 days when this thread has been created! Your all LEGends!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Ill put my opinion in, i havent read the thread at all btw :)

Ozone Leisure park (Kassam Stadium), Oxford area.

Saturday 30th September, as everyone has been paid.

How about that place and that date then hehe!!

:thumbsup:

Lol you tart! Wana email me those pics/vids from the other day? And you'd deffo be up for this meet wouldn't ya? It's kinda between me and Reading so it's good for location aswell as there seems to be a lot oxford way aswell!

Sorry been away from home for a long time!! Well 2 days when this thread has been created! Your all LEGends!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Ill put my opinion in, i havent read the thread at all btw :)

Saturday 30th September, as everyone has been paid.

How about that place and that date then hehe!!

:thumbsup:

lol Great minds think alike... I suggested that date too! :lol::lol:

Oxford seems like the most popular place and is more central than Reading... we dont really want to alienate folks from the North though....

We need to get rough figures first, I'd be happy to eat anywhere really but most places will accomodate for large parties without a prior booking... some people may not fancy food, so somewhere like a pub with a bar and food area is probably the best bet rather than solely a foodplace.....

What are others thoughts?

Saturday 30th September, be there or be an iregularly shaped marrow called Doug......that has a cold...

1.minidoughty

2.The Woodster