Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V-power- 99ron Coming To The Uk

msherry21

It seems Shell are replacing Optimax with the European equivalent V-Power which is 99RON and should be the same price as Optimax. Some petrol stations are already using it apparently.

Heres a link from another site with all the info:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=14871

So all you forced induction people are gonna get alot more bang for buck at the gas stations!

cheers,

Michael.

Cool B)

Then again, we dont even get Tescos 99 RON round here yet! :(

Cool B)

The big Tessies in Warrington has had 99 RON for the last few weeks :P

Lets hope is not as rubbish as optimax ;)

Cool B)

The big Tessies in Warrington has had 99 RON for the last few weeks :P

:o Didnt know that!!! i shall be going to investigate!! :D

We do here, just treated kishi to a tank full :D

And its cheaper than optimax :thumbsup:

I'm quite lucky my local tescos has got 99ron there lol And it cheap too :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Yeah i've had a few talks with the tanker drivers coming through the airport to fuel the planes . I never use supermarket fuels , never ever . Theres a good reason its cheaper .

This may interest a few people, Its from a Vauxhall Site :!Removed!: :lol: but about 10 or so posts down is some info on fuel and where to get it and where not!

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/vauxhall/ca...trol-76-9p.html

Its up to you if you believe it or not!

That was posted all over the internet early last year... No source ever mentioned and enough technical inaccuracies to be reasonably confident its complete claptrap.

Having said that, petrol does seem to vary depending on where you buy it. Can't say I've noticed major differences between brands in general but there are petrol stations locally that I won't use as the car runs like a complete dog afterwards if I do. I think its got more to do with how its stored at the station itself and the condition of the tanks there rather than anything else. Especially as pretty much all the petrol in any given region all comes from the same refinery anyway, no matter who its branded as or distributed by. Super unleadeds are a bit different and the additives used will vary between the brands, so brand could well be more important then.

Woo-hoo I'm now a member of the V-Power club, been 'upgraded' lol

Card arrived in the morning post, anyone else got theirs yet?

-Z

:) :) :) Went to fill-up with Optimax today only to find out it is now V-Power!!! Excellent news especially for import owners :thumbsup:

Petrol is going to be sooooooo old school, ethanol is the future, 104ron and it has tax breaks. Here in Ireland ive never seen anything above 97ron at the min 94ron is 122cent and ethanol is 85cent for 104ron. I know ye hate them but we have a 9-5 BioPower on order which runs on any mixture of petrol and ethanol. If you run it on anything above 40% of ethanol you get an extra 30bhp :yes: . There are kits available to convert normal petrol cars to ethanol and turbo cars love the stuff ;)

:) :) :) Went to fill-up with Optimax today only to find out it is now V-Power!!! Excellent news especially for import owners :thumbsup:

I saw that too at our local Shell.... although the posters about were still branded "Optimax" the pumps said "V-Power"

No doubt just to confuse customers! :rolleyes::lol:

I saw that too at our local Shell.... although the posters about were still branded "Optimax" the pumps said "V-Power"

No doubt just to confuse customers! :rolleyes::lol:

:lol: hi em, i have not seen your avator before, mmmmmmmm !Removed! licking :P

My porsche has sat on the drive un touched for over a week now with no fuel in it... So I can't comment....

Sucks being skint :(

Its still go a lower octane rating then the old leaded fuel!!! It amused me the other day when fillin up one of my dad's old cars. There is little metal plaque behind the fuel flap saying "100 octane fuel only" :lol: thats ona 1963 car :P

Is the V-Power the same price as the Optimax was, or has there been a markup?

-Z

v-max in brighton, at the same price :thumbsup:

Not at the Shell near me yet, but in my yaris im hoping for at elast a 0.000001bhp increase :P

Awsome, couple more days and I'm done sorting the car. Then gotta waste half a tank (no problem ;)) and fill up with some V-Power !!! :D

-Z

Not got any need for that kind of petrol here, but I've just a done search on shell's site to see where the nearest petrol station of theirs is near here considering we are only 4 miles or so from the Shell Haven Refinery at Coryton/Stanford-Le-Hope and it's either a trip across the QE2 Bridge to Kent or 6 or 9 miles away this side of the Thames....considering there is every Supermarket/BP/Esso & Texaco within 3 miles & a Total Garage within 200 metres I don't think that'll be happening :lol: