Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Issue

Mark McCulloch

Hiya Guys,

Got Jan 2000 V Reg avensis gs and every door except driver door locks and unlocks with central locking and remote central locking.

Can anyone pinpoint problem?

Hiya Guys,

Got Jan 2000 V Reg avensis gs and every door except driver door locks and unlocks with central locking and remote central locking.

If you are inside, then it probably won't lock as driver's lever can open the door? (same with some anti hijack systems)

If you are outside the car and somebody inside locks it, then you won't be able to open it from the outside (only driver can from inside)

(one analysis scenerio)

Hiya Guys,

sounds like the drivers door has been locked/unlocked using the key. just needs synchronising.

I should imagine that at sometime you have got out of the car closed the door while walking off and used the remote to lock the car and the drivers door was not quite closed properly so the central locking has worked on the passenger doors and knocked the drivers door out of sequence. What i suggest you do is lock the drivers door with the key/lock the rest of the doors with the remote, then try unlocking the car with the remote. It might not work first time so you might have to try it several times to bring everything in to sync. hope this helps

cheers

Pete

Hiya,

I have a locking issue as well, when you say knackered sensor is that the same as door switches?

Thanks Johnny

I'm no expert but if you've got a key fob thats sending a signal you must have something to recieve that signal so unless you have a dry connection some where it must be a sensor in the door