Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haynes Manual Due In September 06 For Avensis

Electric

Hiya,

Pleased this manual is coming out soon - thought I would mention it :D

My central locking on my 1998 Avensis GS drivers door and the remote on the key won't lock my car. Only unlock. It activates and deactivates the alarm ok. But I have to lock the doors using the switch inside the car, which works ok. Been reading the threads and checked Dome fuse and made sure the door open dash light work and the dome. There has been mention of a relay behind the coin box or maybe one in the drivers door. Really like the car but didn't expect these problems on a 57000 mile car in two days of ownership... :crybaby:

Great forum and hope somebody has some other trick up their sleeves pretty please :help:

Thanks

Does it do this with both keyfobs ?

Have you replaced the batteries in the keyfobs? if yes, did you resynch it with the vehicle (put key in ignition and press the lock 4 times if memory serves me correctly from the handbook)

Does it do this with both keyfobs ?

Have you replaced the batteries in the keyfobs? if yes, did you resynch it with the vehicle (put key in ignition and press the lock 4 times if memory serves me correctly from the handbook)

Hi, thx for the reply - yes it's both key fobs (changed batteries in one now) and I've tried the resink process in the handbook - it's said with ignition on press the button twice if memory serves... tried new dome bulb not blown but changed anyway plus the 7.5 amp underbonnet fuse - no joy

I'm guessing at maybe a relay as it unlocks plus the power lock is still ok (alarm switches on and off too)

No idea which relays to attack first tho

Thanks johnny

Try removing the integration relay behind the dashboard. Remove the lower trim panel under the ignition cowling and the relay is the big black one in the fusebox with an orange multiplug connected to it. Unplug the connector and completely remove the integration relay. Be careful not to damage the relay as they're tight to remove. Leave it out for a few minutes n reconnect it all and try it. The software in the relay sometimes gets confused and arms the alarm without locking the doors. Sometimes, if u press the lock button twice from outside the car the alarm will arm then it'll lock the doors. The alarm setting takes priority over the locking. If this doesn't work, it could be a faulty drivers side door latch.

Hi, Do you mean take out the whole dash under panel drivers side and not just the coin box? I'll give it a try thanks very much Johnny

What's taking them so long... they've put it off for a year now an it still doesn't cover the diesel engines..

• 1 month later...

:censor: Haynes do not seem to be releasing the manual till January. What are they waiting for? I'm guessing there are thousands of Avensis out there waiting for it. O have Toota bribed 'em? Oh cynical Mr lewis

Over 70 views of topic and no one has an answer?

anyone....? :huh:

It's on my shopping list when it does arrive :)

:censor: Haynes do not seem to be releasing the manual till January. What are they waiting for? I'm guessing there are thousands of Avensis out there waiting for it. O have Toota bribed 'em? Oh cynical Mr lewis

Over 70 views of topic and no one has an answer?

anyone....? :huh: