Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint Laquer

jay dh

is there a longer warrenty that covers paint and the laquer? the paint on the yaris seems cack

i have about 10 large chips on my bonnet and around those areas the laquer is just peeling away. wondered if this is a warrenty job?

thanks

Jay

treated with what?

those chips could have been there 6 months and i wouldnt know. i drive so much its not been worth me cleaning it. cos i havent cleaned it i didnt notice them.

Jay,

I took my SR to Mr T with the same problem on the bonnet. The first dealership initially tried to fob me off, but I kept on and he referred me to the Bracknell branch which had a paint shop.

Basically they will do a strip test, which involves placing some special tape over a tiny area and see if the paint lifts off too easily. They will also measure how deep the laquer is to see if it falls within their requirements.

Ask for them to at least do these tests before/if they say there's nothing they can do. :thumbsup:

thanks caz

ill pop into my local mr T. annoyingly i cant drive the yaris atm cos the brake pads are low and need replacing, but im on holiday from sunday to next monday, then my local garage needs 2 working days to order the part, so i recon 2 weeks before it will be fixed and then i can go to mr T

lmao

Toyota laquer has allways been crap I'm afraid... the amount of older metalic cars I see where all the laquer is peeling off etc is shocking :(

How old is the car?

Wild guess, but...

Group: Gold Members

Member No.: 16910

Car Model:2002 P1 Yaris T Sport

:D :D :D

It'll be fun to see what happens with Mr T. Chips and laquer peel around area's affected by Stone Chips is awkward as a stone chip will affect the paint warratny...

From the Toyota website, there's only a three year (I thought this was longer??) warranty on paintwork & surface rust...

So your car might be too old to take advantage of any warranty Jay.... :unsure: