Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 Bumper Colouring

andy_p

After much 'umm'ing and 'aah'ing I've decided to keep my 2002 1.8 GS. However I would like to tidy it up a bit. The problem is that the past few years have not been kind to the bumpers (and also the fact that my better half didn't pull the handbrake up far enough one evening and the car rolled forward into the garage door :crybaby: ).

The bumper has a dark grey plastic section and a painted section - the dark grey plastic section has faded on the RHS and the painted section is peeling where it has been hit by stones.

What would people recommend for tidying up both sections?

As the plastic section is a sort of dark grey I'm reluctant to use 'Back to Black' but would it actually be OK? Could I just use the touch-up pencil for the painted section or is the paint not suitable for use on the plastic?

"back to black" is the generic term used to descibe any kind of silicone spray/gel. All it does is make the dull plastic shine, but it'll wear off within a month or so.

My advice: take it to a bodyshop and have them colour code the bumpers, door moulding, etc...

My dad had is front bumper sprayed and the plasic bit repaired. His was backing out of a space never noticed the dwarf wall to one side and scrapped all the paint and black plastic. A company called chips away did the work didn't cost to much either and looks spot on.

Cheers for that chaps.

I'll get it done professionally - it's better to spend the money doing it right in the first place than having to pay to repair my feeble attempts :D