Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Feeling Good

martin_longbow

Took part in the Pedal for Scotland charity cycle ride today, 48 miles from Glasgow to Edinburgh. It was a great day and the ride went well. I completed it in 3hrs 2 mins and I am well pleased. raised a few hundred quid as well.

It was amazing at the start, in the city centre, no trafic and just a few thousand bikes making their way through the city, brilliant :thumbsup:

Only trouble now is that after seeing all those lovely road bikes my old mountain bike with no suspension is looking tired, and em there not cheap.

Well done Martin.

( in the next few months all the cycle shops get Next Years models in - so there are always huge bargains to be had as they sell off this years stock ! )

Congratulations on completing your bike ride Martin!

New Year sales are the best time to buy bikes because most people buy them in the summer for bike riding etc and its rare people buy them in winter because its cold and wet! :thumbsup:

Or you could try catalogue outlet stores, they sell off returned stock and you can bet there'll be a few bikes in places like that, in perfect condition, just unwanted!

Well done, I don't mind riding bikes myself but I know in the past I've had a go & really suffered "downstairs" so I've never really got into it.

I know what you mean about the lack of suspension, I did about 10-12 miles up & down hilly roads on a BMX once which had a knackered crank (I think, the bit which the pedals are on) which kept on throwing me dangerously close to the cross bar, my mates were all on mountain bikes, that was really annoying.

Well done mate. I'm just getting back onto the saddle after about four years absence. I did 6 miles on saturday and almost killed myself! Although my rear mech pulley snapped so that didn't help. Remind me to check my bike after it's been in storage for four years! :D

Keep yer hardtail (yep, "fnar", say it, ooer misuss etc etc). You loose too much energy on a fullsus. I still have my Hananna and Cinder Cone and they are still as tooled up as ever.

Yep, was thinking a traditional road bike but something with an alloy frame and sora gear mech, the quick fire brake/gear selector would be desirable but I will see how the money goes