Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Bought An Avensis

NickyWales

Hi,

I just bought a 03 plate 2.0 D4-D T Spirit with 60 on the clock for £8k.

The car is in immaculate condition with FSH.

Im picking it up on Wednesday.

What consumption can i expect with this car? Im doing 80 miles a day on the motorway and my 180hp Petrol car was costing me a small fortune.

Also, does anyone with the same car have any pictures?

Thanks

Hi,

Bought a D4D T3s Tourer 10 Days ago. Only do a 15 mile round trip to work. Returning 48 MPG. Much better than 30 MPG in 2.0 petrol I had before, £40 less road tax and a drop of 5 insurance grops. So OK the acceleration not so good, but I can live with that. :)

Hi

I have had a 04 Avensis T4 D4D for 6days. Its averaging 47mpg for just normal "A" road driving( dont do much motorway driving). I had a 1.6 petrol before and that was doing bout 25mpg and cost more on the road tax.

Not the fastest car of the blocks but a very comfortable drive at any speed and very high quality build.

Thanks for the feedback,

Looking forward to picking it up.

Its got to be more comfortable than my hothatch eurobox that i have now.

I feel its time to grow up a little :crybaby:

Anyone got any interior pics of their car, same year as mine ?

That is ofcourse on the assumption that the newer ones are different?

Anyone got any interior pics of their car, same year as mine ?

That is ofcourse on the assumption that the newer ones are different?

Did you order it over the phone / internet - Hence why you have not seen the interior?

Had this one for nearly 18 months. Averages around 55 mpg on A roads, 40/42 in town and 45/50 on the motorway depending on how much above the speed limit you want to go. Cruises nicely at 70/75.

Acceleration is fair but much better once you get into the torque band 2/3000 revs, overtaking in 3rd or 4th is easy. Ride a bit harder on 17" wheels but seats very comfy.

Enjoy! It's a good car. :thumbsup:

Did you order it over the phone / internet - Hence why you have not seen the interior?

kind of.

I have seen plenty of Avensis', but ive not paid too much attention to the interior.

My purchase is subject to viewing and test driving the car, but i dont anticipate any problems.

kind of.

I have seen plenty of Avensis', but ive not paid too much attention to the interior.

My purchase is subject to viewing and test driving the car, but i dont anticipate any problems.

I have the official UK Avensis brochure if you would like that in your email. This is the 2006 pre-facelift brochure which is appropriate to your year. I don't think the soft copy is available anymore from the Toyota site or hard copy from the dealers as they have the new 2006 brochure... which is the face lift Avensis with different options.

Just PM (private message) your email to me, if you want the soft copy.

Gratz on joining the avensis 'club' Just a quick note re fuel consumption, if you guys are using the onboard computer is can be a bit wild, mine regularly shows 55mpg plus with lots of motorway driving. A quick check with my trusty spreadsheet shows nearer 45mpg. Apart from that its a top car, well specced with a high quality interior. Hope you like it!

Hi,

I just bought a 03 plate 2.0 D4-D T Spirit with 60 on the clock for £8k.

The car is in immaculate condition with FSH.

Im picking it up on Wednesday.

What consumption can i expect with this car? Im doing 80 miles a day on the motorway and my 180hp Petrol car was costing me a small fortune.

Also, does anyone with the same car have any pictures?

Thanks

Hi, I bought my first Avensis nearly 4 weeks ago, exact same model as yours only on an 04 plate (2 years old exactly) for £10k. It's got a leather interior, smells lovely when you open the doors, electric seats, SAT NAV TNS300 (which I'm desperate for an owners manual on if anyone has one they can send me??) and is really comfortable to drive. It's a little noisy at times. I'm not sure what I'm doing consumption wise yet as not back to normal routine what with the kids being off school, etc. A tank supposedly gives me approx 460 miles. It's a great looking car and most of our friends are jealous! Enjoy

Well, i just picked it up.

Very pleased with it.

Nowhere near as fast as my old car.

But much more comfortable and grown up.

I've just done 70 miles on B roads and the fuel needle has barely moved. And thats exactly what i wanted :thumbsup:

I've just done 70 miles on B roads and the fuel needle has barely moved. And thats exactly what i wanted :thumbsup:

ah..slightly misleading, that's what I thought when I picked mine up. (at least when the tank is full at the top)

after about 80 ish miles it starts to drop much more rapidly :)

The Avensis is such an underated car I think - though the ride can be a bit harsh on the larger rims

ah..slightly misleading, that's what I thought when I picked mine up. (at least when the tank is full at the top)

after about 80 ish miles it starts to drop much more rapidly :)

The Avensis is such an underated car I think - though the ride can be a bit harsh on the larger rims

Heh, yeah, i probably over-filled. Nevermind lol.

I think ive got the standard 16" T Spirit alloys on , its much more comfortable than my last car.

I have D-4D T3-X doing around 41 around town

hi ,

i bought a t-sprit in car giant and brought it home here to Ireland six months ago.had 78k but now it at 92k.best car i have driven for extras and economy.av 53.5 at 80mph and duel carrigway to work always 52 to 54.

paid vrt of e7,500 for the privilege of importing an english car.have to say it could be passed off as a 20k 06 reg its so clean.

rob

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links