Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vehicle Stability Control

holly7

I have just bought a '03 reg Celica 140bhp.The previous owner said it had Electronic stability programme (ESP).According to the manual a light should come on in the dash.No light can be seen.Is there any other way of telling if this feature is fitted? Was it an optional extra?

IIRC the ASC (Active Stability Control) was only fitted to the 190 and T-Sport models and not to the lesser powered 140.

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, can it be fitted to a 140?

Don't know for sure, but I'd be very surprised if you could......retrofitting such devices is notoriously difficult. In any event, I think the reason it's not fitted to the 140 is it's pretty difficult to get it really out of shape.

ASC / ESP / what ever was fitted to the T-Sport only I'm afraid...

I'll bet it can be fitted to a 140 if you ask very nicely (and don't mind handing over your next year's wages to Toyota!), but I think you'd be much better off buying decent tyres...!

I have just bought a '03 reg Celica 140bhp.The previous owner said it had Electronic stability programme (ESP).According to the manual a light should come on in the dash.No light can be seen.Is there any other way of telling if this feature is fitted? Was it an optional extra?

Just as I thought B)

Oh, and welcome to the club by the way! Stick around, we're a pretty nice bunch. And even if you have nothing to say about cars, theres always loads of drivil in the General Section to pass comment on! :)