Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Alarm For 06 Alarm

agron

Just ordered a Toyota Yaris Sol (Luxury pack) which will hopefuly be delivered in January 2007. I also asked for an alarm to be fitted by the dealer. They told me that they would implement the alarm in the key.

Just when I came home I remembered that this trim has a keyless entry so I started thinking is there any way this can be done. I did not have the oportunity to see the "key" for this trim so I don't know will it work. If anyone would share their thoughts on this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi.........and welcome to TOC

That's a long delivery time for a Yaris.................why so long?

Camshaft (another Irish TOC member) may be able to help you with your enquiry.............send him a PM

Or maybe you could contact your dealer for more information on what they intend to do.

What you'll get is a small little box/credit card thing that will transmit a signal to the car. So rather than pressing a button on your key to open the car your car will pick up the signal and open it.

Things I want to know is whether it opens all the doors or just the drivers, and when the transmitter is out of range does it lock automatically all the doors?

I also guess that you just get a standard alarm no fancy one :thumbsup: !

What you'll get is a small little box/credit card thing that will transmit a signal to the car. So rather than pressing a button on your key to open the car your car will pick up the signal and open it.

Things I want to know is whether it opens all the doors or just the drivers, and when the transmitter is out of range does it lock automatically all the doors?

I also guess that you just get a standard alarm no fancy one :thumbsup: !

Th car actualy comes with an imobilizer only and for the peace of mind, decided that the car is best with an alarm. I suppose if the trasmitter thing has open close buttons on it, the alarm installer could pick up the frequency and adjust it to the one of the alarm. This is an uneducated guess BTW.

Hi.........and welcome to TOC

That's a long delivery time for a Yaris.................why so long?

Camshaft (another Irish TOC member) may be able to help you with your enquiry.............send him a PM

Or maybe you could contact your dealer for more information on what they intend to do.

Ireland is a strange market when it comes to cars. The Yaris Sol is the only car which is offered her with an OPTION of a/c. You cannot get air conditioning for any other Yaris model. Even the sol, you must get the luxury pack and than you get the climate control and the other things.

I was told by a few dealers and actualy by Toyota Ireland that the Yaris Sol is a special offer and it takes for it to arrive in the country from 16-20 weeks. Now, even if it arrives here on 01.12., we wouldn't get it because of the reasale value. Namely, as you probably know, the cars here have regs 180px-92_wx_1156.jpg with they year, than the county and than the "ordinal" numbers. If you have a car registered on 30.12.2006, in a few years when you sell it nobody will consider it as (almost) 2007 but 2006 so the majority of people getting cars here, even if they want to get a car in September, will weait till the next year to get the car.

It doesn't lock automatically, which is a bit of a pain in someways, but imagine if everytime you walked away from the car it locked itself you'd get a bit cheesed off, but toyota could have thought a bit more, and had a BMW iDrive / Volvo Management / et al. system where you could manage a few more options, like the lighting inside the car.

Why when I turn my lights on in the day, does the Climate Control display dim? And why can't i turn it back up..... toyota being dim?!

It opens all the doors as soon as you put your hand around the door handle, or you press the button on the boot.

You do get a lock/unlock button for remote zapping too.

Does this help?

It doesn't lock automatically, which is a bit of a pain in someways, but imagine if everytime you walked away from the car it locked itself you'd get a bit cheesed off, but toyota could have thought a bit more, and had a BMW iDrive / Volvo Management / et al. system where you could manage a few more options, like the lighting inside the car.

Why when I turn my lights on in the day, does the Climate Control display dim? And why can't i turn it back up..... toyota being dim?!

It opens all the doors as soon as you put your hand around the door handle, or you press the button on the boot.

You do get a lock/unlock button for remote zapping too.

Does this help?

It does indeed.

Now that Iknow all this, I wouild like toknow if a car alarm can be made to use the open close buttons?