Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Corolla Waiting Bay...

2ZZ-GE Sportivo

Who is waiting still?

Time is ticking over but not getting any faster... I need my car, something like 20 days to go....

PS. How do you plan on running it in?

Cheers to all,

Daniel

many parts of the world have very different conditions (weather, dust levels, etc) that need to be accounted for in regards to the care of a motor vehicle. that's the main reason why we have variances between toyota's run-in and service recommendations for the corolla in the UK, USA, Finland, Aust, etc.

but according to the australian corolla's manual, during the 2000 km break-in period:

* drive gently and avoid high speeds

* avoid full throttle acceleration when the engine is cold

* avoid racing the engine

* try to avoid hard stops during the first 300 km

* do not drive slowly with the manual transmission in a high gear

* do not drive for a long time at any single speed, either fast or slow

* do not tow a trailor for the first 800km

so far (1850km) I've stuck to all of these conditions and added another from our UK friends' manuals of avoiding doing more than 4000RPM. Gladly I can report that my engine is in excellent condition - just about ripe for that 6200RPM kick. I can't wait :D

best regards,

spiz.

I called the dealer yesterday, and the smartass said "your name is not on the list" i was like WHAT!!!!! :ffs: , he's like "haha joking mate".W :censor: nkers. He told me early September :angry: .

I wonder how many ships are on there way?

Cause the dealers say "the sportivos are just dribbling in the country, and if you are waiting for black, haha, you have to wait a while longer" :ffs:

I hate dealerships..

The dealership I've been dealing with hasn't been forthcoming with delivery dates. Managed to extract 7th of August out of them last month but when rung today it was "oh...maybe the middle of August? Have to check with stock control. I'll get back to you......" :ffs:

Maybe I should have gone blue in the first place! I'm really in no hurry though. I just bask in the knowledge that their trade in is not being treated so kindly the longer I wait. :P

And thanks to spiz for posting that info on the break-in period.

guys, the corolla sportivo is a "limited supply" model. toyota is allowing australia 100 cars ONLY per month!!!! that's why you have to wait.

have a nice day :)

spiz.

guys, the corolla sportivo is a "limited supply" model. toyota is allowing australia 100 cars ONLY per month!!!! that's why you have to wait.

thats actually a good thing, cos then you wont see alot on the road...

u think they will increase the number per month later on tho ?

thats actually a good thing, cos then you wont see alot on the road...

u think they will increase the number per month later on tho ?

Though the corolla sportivo is just hitting 100 per month into Australia, the sportivo is not a "limited supply".

The car is a full time model for the corolla line-up.

It's unsure how hot-hatches will sell, so toyota play the game carefully by only producing low numbers to start with and will increase as sales and orders rise. By about november / december you will see alot of em' on the road. - Thanks only to over advertising the dam thing! - Already seen 2 black ones and 2 white.

But we are lucky in one sense, the long waiting period may deter some customers, and the fact that its only avaliable in manual knocks out 55% of the populations interest. Toyota claim more than 53% of corollas sold are auto's, and 50% of those are base models.

My dealer just told me early october.. I am fumeing!! They said early August, there's a big :censor: difference.

Anyone who expects their corolla in August \ Sept might be waiting another month longer. Toyota says the prado and sportivo are the hottest selling cars at the moment. There is a lot of orders being made for both of these cars, so they are going to take a while to get moving. The (South-African) sportivo is getting produced there for other countries other than austalia. I thought I had to wait long, someone orderd one in may and theirs arrives in october when mine comes. - I ordered june 22nd.

I need to kill another 2 months of time

....mine arrived on thursday.. :)

so far...I am very happy with the car, cant wait till after the run-in period...

for 32k....i think it is a bargain...so for those of you who paid even less....LUCKY :censor: ...

here are some pics for those want to see....

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

what side skirts do you have ?

or what garage .. ?

my side skirts are just normal sportivo side skirts.

i dont know what you mean by garage ?.....u mean where my car is parked ?? garage ??

umm .. tuning/styling company ..

i'm searching for side skirts for my CTS ..

so i just wondered what company ..

oh.....i know what you mean by garage now...

its just stock Toyota Corolla Sportivo side skirt...

I think u can only get them in Oz....not sure.

Finally, nearly 2 months after ordering, it's arrived! Can't get my hands on it yet though - has to have it's plates put on, and cleaned, and whatever else $$ worth of dealer delivery gets ya.

I'll snap off a pic or two of the black beast and post them here soon if I can work out how to.

I am now happy :D

Finally, nearly 2 months after ordering, it's arrived! Can't get my hands on it yet though - has to have it's plates put on, and cleaned, and whatever else $$ worth of dealer delivery gets ya.

I'll snap off a pic or two of the black beast and post them here soon if I can work out how to.

I am now happy :D

Congratulations!!

2 months wait a? I have been waiting since mid june, and then they tell me august then october (huge Fock-around). But It's good to hear another has landed.

I cant wait for the VVTL-i Orchestra..

spoke to toyota today,

they say my car is due here on the 20th next month (sep)...

yay.. about friggin time.

spoke to toyota today,

Thats great news mate. Are you keeping the stock rims Daniel?

spoke to toyota today,

Thats great news mate. Are you keeping the stock rims Daniel?

hey man,

I think I have mentioned it somewhere else before, I like my cars looking stock or just off. Hopefully my car will stay stock looking (as I like following, 'FUNCTION BEFORE FASHION').

When It comes to looks, wheels 'make' or 'complete' the car. So if I come across some 17inch (no bigger) rims for a bargin I will go for it, so long as they are NOT CHROME wheels.

I ain't gonna spend 2-3K on wheels that slow me down. So it's 17inch light-wieght dark-colored alloy im after.

*FUNCTION BEFORE FASHION* :thumbsup:

-------------------------

Daniel