Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Very Sluggish Performance :(

Jmc_uk

Hey ppl, had my gen5 in for a service not so long back all usual bits done and dusted, I dont think it has anything to do with it but the performance is somewhat DIRE!

Its just hit the 116k mark and has had new plugs, filter, oil etc not to cure the problem as it has only just recently gone downhill and i cannot think of anything that could have caused it...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Jmc_uk

could you be more specific as to whats up with it , like road conditions, what gear you are in and at what speeds does it get grumpy.

did you have the fuel filter changed at all ?????????

Did you have cambelt changed during the service? If so, it could be a tooth out on the cam pulley or something. This can cause sluggish/poor performance.

First thing is first, lets get the simple things out of the way.

First try resetting the ECU, you do this by removing the ECU and/or EFI fuse(s) for at least 15secs if i remember correctly.

I usually leave them out for a good minute. Also its a good idea to push the brake pedal down during this time to dissepate any voltage.

Hopefully when you put the fuses back and start the car up it will rev higher than normal as it re-adjusts itself.

Take it for a drive, let it warm up and give it a damn good seeing to :lol:

Hopefully it should seem more eager.

If that fails, i would next change the fuel filter as it needs doing around the 100k mark.

After that change the HT leads and change the gearbox oil as if thats too thick it will be causing a lot of transmission loss.

I doubt very much its a tooth on the cambelt missing, i mean the car would REALLY run like crap if the timing was out and by the description given i dont think it sounds that bad.

Thanks for all your replies, I have done the EFI Fuse trick and it seems to have picked up, though I come to thin k of it its always better when cold than when its warmed up.

It still isnt up to the power of when i first bought the car well...its not up to the power of 4 months back!

Silly question....where is the Fuel Filter???

The haynes manual i have is rubbish its the US version with virtually every engine bar the 3SGE :/

Thanks again,

Jmc

its bolted onto the engine bay wall on the passenger side. Follow the fuel pipes from the back of the engine and you'll find it :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links