Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xt4 Vs T180 !

sywy

Hi all. I'm currently considering buying a RAV.

MY local dealer is ready to get rid of their demonstrators, and have a XT4 2.2 D2D and a T180 going.

I have test driven both and really like the T180. It felt smoother to drive, and of course, more powerful. However, I don't really need all the extra bits in the T180 satnav, BT RFT etc (although they do look nice). The only reason I like the T180 is the engine (I'll be coming down from a 230bhp car). My dilema is whether the T180 is worth the extra £5k, just to get an extra 40bhp? As I have said, I have driven both, and the XT4 does feel adequate, but I'm scared that if I go for it, I will always be saying to myself 'I should have bought the T180'. Saying this, the XT4 is within my (target) budget, and the T180 is outside my (extended) budget. So, I don't think I could stretch to a T180 at the moment anyway. Just wondering what you guys thought? Is the T180 worth the extra dosh?

Hi all. I'm currently considering buying a RAV.

MY local dealer is ready to get rid of their demonstrators, and have a XT4 2.2 D2D and a T180 going.

I have test driven both and really like the T180. It felt smoother to drive, and of course, more powerful. However, I don't really need all the extra bits in the T180 satnav, BT RFT etc (although they do look nice). The only reason I like the T180 is the engine (I'll be coming down from a 230bhp car). My dilema is whether the T180 is for the extra £5k, just to get an extra 40bhp? As I have said, I have driven both, and the XT4 does feel adequate, but I'm scared that if I go for it, I will always be saying to myself 'I should have bought the T180'. Saying this, the XT4 is within my (target) budget, and the T180 is outside my (extended) budget. So, I don't think I could stretch to a T180 at the moment anyway. Just wondering what you guys thought? Is the T180 worth the extra dosh?

It is typical of a UK manufacturer to restrict the model options. We are a soft target in the UK.

Why can't you have an XT4 with the 180 engine?

I would love that engine in my XT4 but I couldn't justify the extra cost for SAT nav and other bits and bobs. What really puts me off are those run flat tyres. They will cost a fortune and the low pressure sensors will be a nightmare. They are already featured in one of the threads.

I remeber Mini Clubmans with Denovo tyres in the 70's. They were nonsence then and an unecessary and expensive reinvention now.

I am quite happy with my XT4 choice!

Regards

I guess the insurance is higher?

Thanks for your reply anchorman. Anyone else got any opinions?

Insurance should be cheaper for me on either car, as my current car is group 16.

Another question if you may (for those that don't mind answering!!)

T180 owners - how much did you pay for a brand new model.

Looking at car brokers on the net, they're advertising at £24.5K. The demo my dealer is offering is going for £26K, the only extras on it being metallic and the style pack (which is nice, but I'm not too bothered about). I've read that if you show dealers these prices, they usually match them, rather than lose a sale? If I can do this, I can get a new one for less than they're selling their demo!!

When I was looking to buy XTR, a dealer was offering the demonstrator for more than I could get a new one through Carfile for. As it happens a 5 month old one came up from an indepednat dealer and I bought that. If you can get a brand new one from a broker cheaper than a demo I know which I'd go for.

Just had alook at toyota website, there is a T180 at Basingstoke for £22,995 registered in March with 7,500 miles. There was a similar car at Grantham a few weeks ago for the same price.

Jude - yes there are a few around the £23k/£24k mark, mainly down south??

Spuffington - I currently drive a Mazda RX-8 230ps. Great car. Had no trouble with it at all, but it's time to move on, and I've always wanted a RAV. In fact I nearly bought one 3 yrs ago, but Toyota would not give me a decent px on my VW Passat 1.8T sport. The salesman said he'd look into it further, but never got back to me. So I ended up with an RX-8 :)

As an example exactly a year ago I bought a brand new 5dr XTR 4D4 through an internet broker for £16,900 which was £3,000 less than the list price .They also give 12 months tax and toyota club membership i.e RAC for 1 year in the deal . This deal could not be matched by anyone , for example Fords of Winsford (car supermarket) were selling 12 month petrol versions with 10,000 on the clock for the same price.

The only drawback is that you cannot part exchange , but I was lucky as my previous car was only worth £1,000 and I sold it in an auction 3 months after I bought the RAV.

Regards

llith

As an example exactly a year ago I bought a brand new 5dr XTR 4D4 through an internet broker for £16,900 which was £3,000 less than the list price .They also give 12 months tax and toyota club membership i.e RAC for 1 year in the deal . This deal could not be matched by anyone , for example Fords of Winsford (car supermarket) were selling 12 month petrol versions with 10,000 on the clock for the same price.

The only drawback is that you cannot part exchange , but I was lucky as my previous car was only worth £1,000 and I sold it in an auction 3 months after I bought the RAV.

Regards

llith

I,ve just swapped my 1998 freesport for a 4.3 T180, this was a dealer demo model and it,s milage was just over 8000 miles and was 1st reg in March 06. The forecourt price was £22995. Stunning motor!! only concern I have is the MPG, it seems to be doing about 31miles to gallon, when it is run in can I expect a better MPG?

Clare

Regards

llith

I,ve just swapped my 1998 freesport for a 4.3 T180, this was a dealer demo model and it,s milage was just over 8000 miles and was 1st reg in March 06. The forecourt price was £22995. Stunning motor!! only concern I have is the MPG, it seems to be doing about 31miles to gallon, when it is run in can I expect a better MPG?

Clare

Clare

I had the same problem with my ex demonstrator.

Be sure to cancel the current reading if you have not done so already. Press and hold the DISP button until the info is zeroed. You will be looking at the average from when it was new which will have improved somewhat and you will have to accept that every Tom, ***** and Harry has been seeing how well it goes!

Your true readings will start to emerge after about 200 miles but better still after the first tank full of diesel - probably nearer 400 miles.

Then check it physically to validate the computer. With respect if you want me to explain that just say!!!

I think you will find it is doing nearer 40mpg unless you drive with diving boots on!!!

Regards

Anchorman

Clare

That's a good price Clare, and one that I'd be willing to pay. But all the local demos around here are £25k+ :(

Regards

llith

Clare

Clare

I had the same problem with my ex demonstrator.

Be sure to cancel the current reading if you have not done so already. Press and hold the DISP button until the info is zeroed. You will be looking at the average from when it was new which will have improved somewhat and you will have to accept that every Tom, ***** and Harry has been seeing how well it goes!

Your true readings will start to emerge after about 200 miles but better still after the first tank full of diesel - probably nearer 400 miles.

Then check it physically to validate the computer. With respect if you want me to explain that just say!!!

I think you will find it is doing nearer 40mpg unless you drive with diving boots on!!!

Regards

Anchorman

Cheers Anchorman, will give it a go

Clare

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links