Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gt Buckets

on_its_arse

hi,

would it be possible to fit the buckets out of a GT or a glanza into a SR? as the ones ive got now would suit my nanans front room!

if so does anyone know where it may be possible to source some?

cheers in advance ben :thumbsup:

hi,

would it be possible to fit the buckets out of a GT or a glanza into a SR? as the ones ive got now would suit my nanans front room!

if so does anyone know where it may be possible to source some?

cheers in advance ben :thumbsup:

anyone??nope?

It's certainly possible.....although it may not be as straight forward as bolting then in. Sometimes you have to modify the subframe so the holes line up.

Sorry if this is a bit vague, but I don't know for sure if they are a drop in replacement or not.

There are a number of Jap only Breakers yards around the country who could supply new seats.

They're not that buckety to be honest... The looks are quite deceiving.

They're not that buckety to be honest... The looks are quite deceiving.

True .......... True...

They don't hold u in at all in the glanza, sucks!! But the GT seats are a little bit better.

Not sure about the subframes will fit the SR or not.

They fit no problem. I've done this a few times. The bolt holes all line up but you just need to cut off one locating lug which is a two minute job.

Hope that helps,

Jay

anyone know if Starlet subframes would fit in a Paseo? I'm pretty sure they don't (Bride part numbers for the rails don't match), so how much work is needed to make them fit?

im getting/got AE92 Corolla GTi seats, that have rails adapted for a Starlet GT...so I'm hoping there's minimal work to adapt them to the Cynos

riko, to get some buckets in my paseo i had to grind / drill out the brackets off the paseo seats and then double bolt them onto the new seats, as well as making a longer bracket for the back inside (mounts near the gearbox tunnel) both sides, and swapping / grinding a locating pin off the 2 front ones. maybe best starting form scratch like i did if you dont mind butchering your cynos frames.

you know that thing you do when you slide your hand up and over your head as a sign to say " that went right over my head "? Well Im doing it now :P

Well i'll see how the modified Starlet rails line up, then if that doesn't work, I'll either butcher the Cynos rails, or the one's that come with the seats...haven't thought about it thoroughly yet but hopefully they shouldn't be too much hassle as they're standard seats from a Corolla Gti, rather than bespoke bucket seats (Will get Bride's with the actual Cynos specific rails, in due time)

doubt the brides will cost £3250...and unfortunately, the car is still at the garage laying idley without an engine, and I only just paid for the seats, won't get them for another 2 weeks (or whenever I bother to organise a courier collection)

edit: actually around £440 inc. seat rail per seat...excluding delivery from japan, not too shabby