Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3sge- how to get top performance???

freebee

can anyone give me a list of mods fot the 3sge- in a 1986 celica gt-s??? no turbos or supercharger... all engine. Any suggestions would help. thanks, i apreciate it a lot. -jesse:cool:

3s-ge engine :) without turbo or SC not much really to do, induction kit, unichip is a good bet....

Just had a quote from Millway Sports (Toyota Gods) in andover £470 notes all in, that includes rolling road before and after and all calibration to get the most of the engine after a Q&A as to how you drive it.....

I'm trying to save the cash as we speak as I want the chip for my 2 :P

'86 celica with that engine must be a rocket, is it a pre or post '94 engine ?

• 6 months later...

Its a 86 motor, i have an 87 with a 3s-GE. I did alot to my motor, just go to your local shop and ask them to look up anything for the engine. Its actually a popular motor to build, i just rebuilt mine. I got performance pistons and rings, new lightwieght pistons, bored cylinders, new valves, seats, and springs, cams and a crank. It should pump out approximately 180 hp when its put together,t hen i'm just going to headers, full header back exhaust customly made, and a cold air intake, should have a solid 200 hp when i'm done, should fly, message me if you got anything to comment on what i did, and yes, thats what i suggest you do

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i say ditch it in favour of a generation four blacktop 3sge (post 1999, i think)

they are supposedly good for 210hp standard :drool:

its what im looking at for a lotus seven replica

• 1 month later...

i have a 3SGE vvti in my toyota ae101 .. paper specs says it produces 200PS and 210Nm .. and without further mods too .. i havent had the chance to dyno it just yet but i will once everything is done up properly ..

any of you guys who have tried the altezza engine .. its quite similar to what i have now .. except mine is a FWD ..

this engine is quite limited as far as i know ... but get your hands on this .. you won't regret it !!! consumption is quite good too ... maintenance is close to zero .. except for your regular oil change and stuff ..

this engine has a RED TOP and the word BEAMS written on the top ... get it !!!!

• 1 month later...

I have one of that pretty engine too (3sge *redtop* beams vvti).....runs like a beast and u get 200hp whp to play with.

For mods..u could change to an Aluminium flywheel, Setup a Cold Air Intake system, replace stock exhaust to 2.5"., hmmmm u could get an aftermarket chip for the ECU.

If u need more power replace your stock internals and go turbo.

There is always nitros oxide.

Its the way im going, the kit isnt expensive but the installation is.

£150 - £300 will buy you the tanks and the rest but including the fitting an your looking at £700.

I have been set back a bit getting it but im still gonna get it. Its a great way to boost your horses.

Some people think its a way of cheating but in my opinion its a rather sensible way to boost horses.

Sure you could tune your car up to a stupid amount of BHP but then your gonna be driving the thing around at that bhp level all the time thus making the car not very day to day friendly and heavy on the juice. You only really need the power when you NEED the power.

If you get a big enough tank the nitros can last a good amount of time.

• 6 months later...

Nitros will only work for a few seconds. The engine will get very, very hot in a few seconds. From what I heard NOS can be used from 3rd gear and higher (its not usefull at the lights). When you get a backfire in the system, your engine is wrecked.

Be carefull with it. NOS is inexpensive if you look at the Horsepower gains, but your engine and parts will wear much faster. Make sure the engine is in top condition if you do plan to use it.

• 3 weeks later...

Look at www.pipercross.com it´s a universal cold air intake system and it gives ± 10 bhp extra. I have one one my carina 2.0 GTI with the 175 bhp 3s-ge engine in it

post-3-1079353982.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i ahve an 87 toyota celcia with the 86 3s-ge motor, as of now with 300k miles on it, it flies. i wonder also if i can put a turbo on it when i rebuild it... :ffs:

• 4 years later...

I have just bought my first of a long line of Toyota cars. 1989 Celica GT-S 3S-GE. I just finished restoring it and would like to know of any mods i could add to ....increase my performance ;) I have had the HARDEST time just trying to FIND the STOCK parts. any help? I'm lookin for after market chips and SC? headers? Its just everything I find is for the 3S-GTE models....any suggestions?

MyY0Da >>> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3184904

• 13 years later...
On 5/26/2003 at 10:44 AM, 87 GTS said:

Its a 86 motor, i have an 87 with a 3s-GE. I did alot to my motor, just go to your local shop and ask them to look up anything for the engine. Its actually a popular motor to build, i just rebuilt mine. I got performance pistons and rings, new lightwieght pistons, bored cylinders, new valves, seats, and springs, cams and a crank. It should pump out approximately 180 hp when its put together,t hen i'm just going to headers, full header back exhaust customly made, and a cold air intake, should have a solid 200 hp when i'm done, should fly, message me if you got anything to comment on what i did, and yes, thats what i suggest you do

Yeah? My stock Altezza here in New Zealand ran 232hp on the dyno full stock! Why is that? I have the 2001 rs200z trd jdm model. Super rare only so much were built!