Do Not Sell My Personal Information

O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 Replacement P0135

twista501

After a recent visit to the dealers regarding a management light, they told me that their system was showing the following code:

P0135 Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1).

Ive read a few topics on O2 sensors after this and decided to replace it myself due to the £200 charges labour, parts etc. These cost <£20. Does anyone know where this particular sensor is because I understand there are FOUR?

I have a 2001 SR 2.0l VVTi. I see the two sensors in front of the engine one pointing straight out the front - circled red and the other at an angle to the right - circled green (looking straight on). Is it one of these or do I have to look underneath?

Thanks for your help (see pic).

DSC00925.JPG

After a recent visit to the dealers regarding a management light, they told me that their system was showing the following code:

Ive read a few topics on O2 sensors after this and decided to replace it myself due to the £200 charges labour, parts etc. These cost <£20. Does anyone know where this particular sensor is because I understand there are FOUR?

I have a 2001 SR 2.0l VVTi. I see the two sensors in front of the engine one pointing straight out the front - circled red and the other at an angle to the right - circled green (looking straight on). Is it one of these or do I have to look underneath?

DSC00925.JPG

DSC00925.JPG

Hi there,

I had exactly the same error message on my Avensis and the dealer changed the right hand sensor (the one you have ringed in green). The charge, as you say, was £200. It took all of 20 minutes. The sensor cost £114 + VAT.

I now have the engine light up again and will find out tomorrow how much it will cost this time.

Bye

Hi there,

I had exactly the same error message on my Avensis and the dealer changed the right hand sensor (the one you have ringed in green). The charge, as you say, was £200. It took all of 20 minutes. The sensor cost £114 + VAT.

I now have the engine light up again and will find out tomorrow how much it will cost this time.

Bye

hey jus to let you know, i got this link from another topic on TOC:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=250017482352

you can get them for <£20 on eBay. im gonna try replacing it and let you know how it goes. are you sure it was the same code and O2 sensor circled in green?

how long has it been since yours was changed and the light came back on? were your 'VSC' lights on as well before you had the O2 sensor change? because mine are but dealer says it is not related.

thanks!

Hope you guys get it sorted on your Toyotas.

The problem is very common on VW and can be very hard to cure on a VW car.

if you have the time, scroll down a bit to the 1st Sept post and read on.... a LOT of engine management EPC check lights coming on for no reason or very difficult to solve on VWs.

http://www.drizzten.com/blargchives/000193.html

If your VSC light sometimes lights up could be your Battery is not 100% and some Kwik Fit type places offer free Battery checks.

Bank 1, Sensor 1 is the top left sensor as looking at engine from the front. Bank 2, Sensor 1 is the lower left side sensor.

Bank 1, Sensor 1 is the top left sensor as looking at engine from the front. Bank 2, Sensor 1 is the lower left side sensor.

so you're saying bank1 sensor1 is the one circled red? how many o2 sensors are there?

so you're saying bank1 sensor1 is the one circled red? how many o2 sensors are there?

I had been told that Bank 1 Sensor 1 was top right (the green one). From this link on the forum:-

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...;hl=bank+sensor

Can anyone give us a definitive answer?

There are four altogether. The two that you have circled, and if you then follow the exhaust down (below the silver coloured manifold cover) you'll see another two.

Also, another guy on here bought one of those cheapy ones off eBay (see link above) and it didn't fix his problem. The engine management light came back on again.

I have the same car (2001 2.0 vvti, looks just like your avatar!) and have the same problem.

I just haven't got the 114 quid for a new sensor at the moment.

Funkyg

I had been told that Bank 1 Sensor 1 was top right (the green one). From this link on the forum:-

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...;hl=bank+sensor

Can anyone give us a definitive answer?

There are four altogether. The two that you have circled, and if you then follow the exhaust down (below the silver coloured manifold cover) you'll see another two.

Also, another guy on here bought one of those cheapy ones off eBay (see link above) and it didn't fix his problem. The engine management light came back on again.

I have the same car (2001 2.0 vvti, looks just like your avatar!) and have the same problem.

I just haven't got the 114 quid for a new sensor at the moment.

Funkyg

Just bumping this topic up as we dont have a definite answer on the O2 Sensor yet. I reckon it is the green one as well. Anyone know for sure?

Im gonna try the cheap one on eBay its only 20quid as he said in the other topic so worth a shot. Will let you know how it goes. Btw how you finding the SR?

martbatch said the dealer replaced the green one, so that's the way I'm leaning.

Let me know how you get on with the eBay sensor, I may yet be tempted! I actually PM'd the other guy that tried it and it didn't work for him.

Mines actually a CDX, saloon rather than hatch..

I've had it about 18 months now and on the whole I love it, but I have had a few niggly problems.

This O2 sensor, squealing alternator belt, stereo stopped working, horn, drivers airbag and steering wheel stereo controls stopped working (all three in one go!), the sat nav stopped working.

All things condidered though they are only small issues (the car has never failed to start or get me where I need to go), and I am really racking up the miles, so some of it could be attributed to that. I could have a had this or a similar specced/aged/miles Mondea Ghia X. Some days I think I made a mistake, but most other days I'm glad I chose the car that I did.

I love the fact that I have air con AND a sun roof. The sat nav is OK, when I forget the Tomtom. The stereo is really good, although I don't use the CD changer that much since getting an iPod. And I love the feel of the leather, but hey, maybe that's just a fetish of mine! :D

Funkyg

i thought it was bad for us! still minor issues as you say. major problems gettin right now are steering noise and clutch noise both squeeking.

gonna change the lambda on weekend. can anyone confirm which sensor is bank 1 sensor 1?