Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smoking Engine

Coyote!

Hi everybody!

I need some advice here.

Well, the other day (a month ago) I was driving on the highway and suddlenly a huge amount of gray/blue smoke came out from the exhaust with some loss of power. It lasted no longer that 2 seconds. I inmediatelly pulled over and checked everything, no oil leaks, no coolant leaks, perfect idling.

Seemed to be everything was fine, I let the engine idle for a while to check temp, but as I said, everything was OK.

So I continued driving to the farms (300 kms away) at 120~130km/h average. No more problems again.

So at that moment I thought it could be:

- Moistures in the diesel

- oil in the diesel (strange, I believed that oil and diesel could mix)

- water in the fuel. But if there is water in the fuel, it floates or does it goes to the bottom of the tank???

So a month passed and 1500 km driven.

Last weekend I was on the highway and the engine again produced a cloud of smoke, but this time very small and almost unnoticiable

Could it be dirty fuel???? I refill always in the same place

Could it be the fuel pump?

Could it be Oil leaking from the valves? that dont produce a loss of power. :wacko:

I dont think its water entering to the cilinders....

Any ideas???? Anything further to check??? :help::help::help:

Thx guys!!!

its a 1998 2CT Corona, if you wonder....

Cheers from BA

Argentina

Hi Coyote

In answer to your questions:

Could it be dirty fuel????.............If you don’t change your fuel filters regularly this could be the problem.

Could it be the fuel pump?............If your fuel pump was at fault you would have had more similar episodes.

Could it be Oil leaking from the valves?..........No way. I wouldn’t worry about this at all.

It was more likely to be either a minor contaminant getting through to the injector pump, in which case I would check your fuel filters (even new ones can be faulty)

Or it could be water contamination, this can build up over a period of time due to condensation in the system., again this could be due to a fuel filter problem or if it is fitted with a water trap filter, this should be checked.

Hope this helps

Les

Could it be dirty fuel????.............If you don’t change your fuel filters regularly this could be the problem.

It was more likely to be either a minor contaminant getting through to the injector pump, in which case I would check your fuel filters (even new ones can be faulty)

Or it could be water contamination, this can build up over a period of time due to condensation in the system., again this could be due to a fuel filter problem or if it is fitted with a water trap filter, this should be checked.

Hope this helps

Les

Mmmm, true. I have ordered a Fuel Filter just in case its faulty...

Ill check it right away!

Thx m8!!!

Hope this can calm me down. I was the stupid guy who posted about the fear of blowing it away for speeding. Can you imagine? doing 140 km/h and the car starts smoking grey???? :( :( :( .

I need to see a doctor..... :wacko: NOW

Could be lack of air flow?? If something blocked up the air filter but then cleared??

I remember once when a fitter left a cleaning rag in the air intake of a truck he was servicing, when he dropped the cab back down it made a great smoke screen in the workshop: :lol:

Could be lack of air flow?? If something blocked up the air filter but then cleared??

I remember once when a fitter left a cleaning rag in the air intake of a truck he was servicing, when he dropped the cab back down it made a great smoke screen in the workshop: :lol:

:censor: thats why I DO ALL the maintenance myself. If something goes wrong, I certainly know what and who.... :thumbsup:

At this time Im waiting the filters and some other parts to be delivered from the factory so this weekend I service her.

Cheers From BA

ARGENTINA