Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aux Audio Connector (or Lack Of It )

gcparris

Hi all, in my 2006 T180, in the box between the driver and passenger there is a power socket and a blanking plate where the Amercan versions of the RAV4 have an AUX input socket. Is there anything behind this blanking plate or underneath the console? I would like to connect a 3.5mm jack plug to the RAV somewhere so I can connect my wifes IPod or my SmartPhone. If this is not possible, is there somewhere else to connect to behind the dash?

Thanks,

Gareth.

Hi all, in my 2006 T180, in the box between the driver and passenger there is a power socket and a blanking plate where the Amercan versions of the RAV4 have an AUX input socket. Is there anything behind this blanking plate or underneath the console? I would like to connect a 3.5mm jack plug to the RAV somewhere so I can connect my wifes IPod or my SmartPhone. If this is not possible, is there somewhere else to connect to behind the dash?

Thanks,

Gareth.

I suspect not. There is only facility to play MP3 discs directly as far as I am aware.

You can access the Toyota Workshop Manual for €3 per hour if you want to have a trawl around and see what there is. If nothing else it definately describes how to take the radio out while you look around it.

You have to register on the Toyota Website.

Good Luck

I fitted a 'Connects 2' adapter to the rear of the radio/cd head unit. This allows me to connect my creative Zen into the existing system.

Works great, fitted a 3.5mm jack socket in one of the blanking covers.

Do a web search for 'connects 2', can't remember what company I bought mine off. Takes about 30mins to fit properly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links