Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do I Know If My Clutch Is Broken? :(

Jmc_uk

If some of you have read my earlier post about poor performance this could be a clue...

Yesterday I built the revs up to do a mini wheelspin :/ not like me but i was in a good mood :) anyway, clutch up i went nowhere and a horrible horrible smell waffted through the windows. Put it neutral back into first set off normally and it as fine, tho it still lacks the performance...

Is my clutch knackered?

How can I tell?

If so how much?

Thanks in advance,

Jmc_uk

AFAIK a clutch kit is about 80 quid . fitting wont be too expensive , its pretty straight forward on the celica. unless its a 4x4 of course.

If some of you have read my earlier post about poor performance this could be a clue...

Yesterday I built the revs up to do a mini wheelspin :/ not like me but i was in a good mood :) anyway, clutch up i went nowhere and a horrible horrible smell waffted through the windows. Put it neutral back into first set off normally and it as fine, tho it still lacks the performance...

Is my clutch knackered?

How can I tell?

If so how much?

Thanks in advance,

Jmc_uk

Sounds like a burned clutch to me. It would affect your acceleration.

I recently got mine changed for £200 all in. Soooo much better now!! :thumbsup:

Drive along at 25 - 30mph in top gear, then floor it.. keep an eye on the rev counter and an ear on the engine sound.. if it revs without going anywhere.. new clutch needed.

• 2 weeks later...

lol it is clutch matey, mine is the same keep driving to work in hilly hilly derbyshire in 2nd and 3rd ...its a real treat when i can free wheel down a hill or hit 5th lol . One day its gonna go bang then itll go faster than it has in the past month...being towed on the back of an RAC truck!! , Still deciding whether to do clutch and fix panels due to locals crashing into it when i park it up ..or just strip it and sell parts on eBay. Hopefully got an st202 on way :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

id definatley say that was the start of your clutch going we charge £180 supply and fit so long as its not 4wd

there a tad dearer if your going to get your own clutch you should try a paddle clutch or organic they cool down a lot quicker and the paddle clutch engages lovely..............good luck should last a while if you take it easy

• 1 month later...

:crybaby: need a new clutch. It's done 78k so I'm pretty pleased with it. I've just got a quote from Mr. Clutch at £252.99 which I'm fairly happy with and I used them on my Micra so pretty confident.

Before I go ahead with it, would anyone recommend anywhere else in Bristol (or NW Kent), tell me if that is a total rip off or any other info that may be useful.

Cheers!

:crybaby: need a new clutch. It's done 78k so I'm pretty pleased with it. I've just got a quote from Mr. Clutch at £252.99 which I'm fairly happy with and I used them on my Micra so pretty confident.

Before I go ahead with it, would anyone recommend anywhere else in Bristol (or NW Kent), tell me if that is a total rip off or any other info that may be useful.

Cheers!

It's not a TOTAL rip off, but you should be able to get it done for £200. I did not long ago.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links