Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Melted Headlamps

NickyWales

Hi,

Im looking for replacement headlamps for my current ones.

I have a 2003 Avenis and the headlamps are melted.

I require the part number for the new designed headlamps that dont melt so i dont make the same mistake.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nicky

Hi,

I require the part number for the new designed headlamps that dont melt so i dont make the same mistake.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nicky

I had mine replaced by Wilsons of Aberdare as they were misting up and showing signs of melting from the dip beam bulb. My car is a 53 plate new shape avensis registered 22/09/2003, so they were just under warranty, if thats any help.

Toyota have a problem with headlights, so if all else fails and yours is out of warranty, go to Toyota direct and see if they will contribute as a good will gesture.

Good luck.

Nck................

Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nicky

I had mine replaced by Wilsons of Aberdare as they were misting up and showing signs of melting from the dip beam bulb. My car is a 53 plate new shape avensis registered 22/09/2003, so they were just under warranty, if thats any help.

Toyota have a problem with headlights, so if all else fails and yours is out of warranty, go to Toyota direct and see if they will contribute as a good will gesture.

Good luck.

Nck................

Hi,

I've already spoken to toyota - they werent intrested as its out of warranty.

Luckily its still under warranty from the Garage where i bought the car. They will pay for them, and ive offered to get some as cheap as possible ..ie eBay.

But i need to make sure that im getting the correct ones, and dont end up buying the old flawed ones again.

Thanks

Nicky, I had my headlights and fog lights changed due to misting all under warranty last year. My car has a 53 plate.

Toyota know there is a fault on the headlights. Be careful if you are buying headlights to cure the problem from E-bay or some other source.. It is not just the new headlight you need but a new bulb holder as well. It is the old bulb holder that melts and lets moisture into the headlight. I am surprised your dealer will not change your lights even though you car is out of warranty as it is a well known fault and has been discussed on another thread on this site many times. Ring Toyota customer care and see what they have to say. I hope you get the problem solved.

If Mr T have said they will fix it under warranty let them source the parts, if they are aware of the problem they may be sourcing some that may resolve the issue....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links