Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seatbelt Warning Sound

carday

is it easy to remove the sound and/or seat sensors to stop the !Removed! alarm going off everytime someone sits in the passenger seat

• Like 1

is it easy to remove the sound and/or seat sensors to stop the !Removed! alarm going off everytime someone sits in the passenger seat

It only goes off if the car's engine is on/moving, and they don't have their seat belt on.

If the car is stopped, the unfastened icon flashes silently on the dash.

I believe there is a plastic wire connector at the bottom of the seat belt stalk or underneath the seat near it, disconnect this and you'll be fine :D

problem!!! My avensis is a taxi some of my customers are seatbelt exempt with certificates to prove to pc plod if I should get stopped, here lie-eth the problem same said customers cannot get into rear of vehicle for various reasons and have to sit in front thus the need to wear seatbelt to stop !Removed! siren going off, can you see where I,m coming from I need to disable the warning siren, any ideas :help:

problem!!! My avensis is a taxi some of my customers are seatbelt exempt with certificates to prove to pc plod if I should get stopped, here lie-eth the problem same said customers cannot get into rear of vehicle for various reasons and have to sit in front thus the need to wear seatbelt to stop !Removed! siren going off, can you see where I,m coming from I need to disable the warning siren, any ideas :help:

This gets rid of the noise but not the light!!

This is how you do it

Turn power on and set counter to "ODO"

Turn power off

Turn power on, within 5 seconds, press and hold the trip-reset button

After 10 seconds, fasten the seatbelt

Release the trip-reset button

.. the display should now change to "B-off", turn power off and release the seatbelt.

The alarm is now disabled. To enable it again, same sequence but push the trip button once again with the seatbelt fastened. The display shows B-on.

This is how you do it

Turn power off

.. the display should now change to "B-off", turn power off and release the seatbelt.

The alarm is now disabled. To enable it again, same sequence but push the trip button once again with the seatbelt fastened. The display shows B-on.

Even, though it's not my problem... I'm suitably impressed (and amazed) at that instruction set :thumbsup:

This is how you do it

Turn power off

Does this also work with the driver's side ?

Happy to report that the above procedure does remove the buzzer on both the drivers and passengers seats it does not stop the light flashing but hey its not as bad as the annoying buzzer

• 2 months later...

Absolutely tremendous, mines a taxi too and trying and get some people to put seatbelts on is like p...... in the wind. Thankyou so much

• 1 month later...

This is how you do it

Turn power off

Hello,

Can you give more details about the way to put the noise back.

I've try to push the trip button again, but "B-on" doesn't appear.

Thx

I tried the trip button method to put the noise back on and it works ok both ways, just do exactly the same each time, once turns it off and repeating the process turns it back on.

if you don't fancy messing about with buttons and fuses all the time then get a matching seatbelt from an insurance write-off or accident repair centre, cut off the belt and retain the male section of the buckle. If you plug this into the female section in the car it should complete the circuit and cancel the alarms. It also doesn't compromise the airbag system on the passenger side.

Keep it in the glove box when seat is in normal use.

Hello Lineker,

Have you done exactly the same procedure?

Do I Have to plug the seatbelt first and then release?

What's the trip thing at the end of the procedure?

The procedure worked perfect to disable the sound but not to enable.

I've had to unplug the fuse.

THX

• 1 month later...

This is how you do it

Turn power off

Does this procedure work on a Corolla too? I've been trying it on my 2006 Corolla Colour Collection but I can't seem to make it work? Any ideas?

Dane

[

Does this procedure work on a Corolla too? I've been trying it on my 2006 Corolla Colour Collection but I can't seem to make it work? Any ideas?

Dane

I got it to work on a mate's Corolla Verso 2005 no problem

Hello forum users!

I am from Norway, and just registrered here.

I have just bought my first Toyota, an Avensis 2007 D4D T4?.

Not sure about the english versions of Avensis, cause in Norway we

have different names (SOL,Executive and X).

Anyway, I have tried to disable the seatbelt siren as instructed, but

can't find a seperate reset trip button in my car. My car has a

knob in the instrument panel that can change between ODO, trip A

and Trip B. Have tried to reset Trip A and Trip B and followed the

instruction, but the siren is still on. No B-OFF display either.

Any suggestions to turn of siren in avensis 2007 models?

Roger

• 2 weeks later...

Hello forum users!

I am from Norway, and just registrered here.

I have just bought my first Toyota, an Avensis 2007 D4D T4?.

Not sure about the english versions of Avensis, cause in Norway we

have different names (SOL,Executive and X).

Anyway, I have tried to disable the seatbelt siren as instructed, but

can't find a seperate reset trip button in my car. My car has a

knob in the instrument panel that can change between ODO, trip A

and Trip B. Have tried to reset Trip A and Trip B and followed the

instruction, but the siren is still on. No B-OFF display either.

Any suggestions to turn of siren in avensis 2007 models?

Roger

Hi Roger!

I'm form Hungary, I've a 2007 d4d 2.0 SOL. I've tried turn off the signal, with the same method, and it worked. You have to push the button which change between ODO and trip A-B, and hold down when ODO is on the display.

• 1 month later...

Tried this trick today. It worked like a dream.

Thank you for letting me know how to kill that intrusive sound, but keeping the red flashing seat belt lamp enabled.

I like to be told about the belt, but in a silent and polite manner.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links