Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Random Disclosure Thread!

TheNissanMan

Lemon Lemsip is horrible, definately prefer Blackcurrant :yes:

Surely though, by definition you should refer to it as BlackSip :blink:

Yeah probably should actually! Just had a cup of "blacksip" and had to put a load of sugar in it to make it drinkable...

I hate colds :ffs:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demonic Angel

• Caz SR

• JustJJ

• Fidgits

Ahhhh so you're the one are you?? ;)

Not if you are thinking what Im thinking you are thinking Em :P

lol nahh, just spoke to him on MSN..... I'm embarassed, I thought it was him!

Traffic on the M1 has been awful all weekend - took me 3 hours to get to Worksop on Friday and 2 hours to get back today. Its normally an hour 15 mins tops :wacko:

Bro-in-law dislocated his knee yesterday at a children's activity centre.

Only thing that stopped him passing out, was the fact he had his son in his hands at the time!

So up at A&E yesterday afternoon.

Luckily my sister's car is an estate, so he has to sit across the back seat.

This means I have to take my 2yr old nephew and 3 week old neice in the back of my car! :o

That was the slowest and most careful driving I have ever done in my life! :lol:

Cause it was late, we had KFC for dinner.

Me, me mam and my other sister though, are all worse for wear this morning.

Dunno if it was dodgy chicken, mayo or whatever, but my stomach is still gurgling, as is mum's, and my sister's been up all night ill. :wacko:

Very delicate this morning... :!Removed!:

I found a bad mite infestation which seemed to have originated from my pasta jar (new pack of pasta and all). Everything got chucked out that was obviously infested (kettle and toaster too) and I've been battling these b*****ds since Tuesday night. There are still a few of them crawling around despite a huge clean out of the cupboards, everything cleaned that we were keeping and all cupboards and countertop bleached and cleaned.

I woke up this morning to find a few of them merrily having fun on my kitchen tap.

Apparently they don't like dry air so I've ordered a dehumidifier and hopefully that will reach me soon. There's only so much cleaning you can do!!

Apparently they don't like dry air so I've ordered a dehumidifier and hopefully that will reach me soon. There's only so much cleaning you can do!!

Time for a Bug Bomb? :unsure:

Seriously though, are you renting? If so, I'd be having words with the Landlord as this shouldn't just be down to you to sort out. :thumbsup:

Other news: I completed the Breast Cancer Care Pink Aerobics yesterday!! I'm so pleased with myself for sticking it out, right down to the last step. Was a great day out and very well organised. :yes: :)

Nice one Caz! :thumbsup:

Well I go into work for a meeting at 2pm.... find out if I am being made redundant.... I have a funny feeling I will be, so am preparing myself for the worst.... :unsure:

And if I am, I'm coming home and straight on the phone to a couple of agencies for some temp work while I look for a full time position. :yes:

Nice one Caz! :thumbsup:

Well I go into work for a meeting at 2pm.... find out if I am being made redundant.... I have a funny feeling I will be, so am preparing myself for the worst.... :unsure:

And if I am, I'm coming home and straight on the phone to a couple of agencies for some temp work while I look for a full time position. :yes:

Cheers Em :)

As for Temp Work - I've done a couple of freelance contracts over the years and it really does give you a sense of freedom, whilst you're on the look-out for something permanent. Contracts can also evolve into a full time position too, which is how I got this job. On the other side, you know if the job sucks, you're only there for a few weeks/months so you can leave. :thumbsup:

Seriously though, are you renting? If so, I'd be having words with the Landlord as this shouldn't just be down to you to sort out. :thumbsup:

Other news: I completed the Breast Cancer Care Pink Aerobics yesterday!! I'm so pleased with myself for sticking it out, right down to the last step. Was a great day out and very well organised. :yes: :)

I am renting however I've been in this flat for over a year now so it's not really the flat that's causing the infestation. I'm thinking it's the new pasta I must have bought or the opened packet of cornflour beside it! Though if I still can't get rid of these beggers over the next few days I'll mention it to the landlord and see if he can figure a solution because after all he doesn't want these things to spread! I don't mind getting a dehumidifier anyways because it'll come in handy if I want to dry clothes that cannot be tumbled.

Congrats on the Breast Cancer Care Pink Aerobics!! :thumbsup:

I am renting however I've been in this flat for over a year now so it's not really the flat that's causing the infestation. I'm thinking it's the new pasta I must have bought or the opened packet of cornflour beside it! Though if I still can't get rid of these beggers over the next few days I'll mention it to the landlord and see if he can figure a solution because after all he doesn't want these things to spread! I don't mind getting a dehumidifier anyways because it'll come in handy if I want to dry clothes that cannot be tumbled.

Congrats on the Breast Cancer Care Pink Aerobics!! :thumbsup:

I think your kitchen is infested with Weevels. It's likely they came from the cornflour to be honest as they're rarely found in pasta. Horrible things that breed like nothing else - as you've found out.

Take a look here. :yucky:

ive just seen a picture of me, with a 6-foot monkey outside a pub....

huh.... ;)

!Removed! hell - if I had that next to me, it would have been like a scene from King Kong!! :o :laughing:

ive just seen a picture of me, with a 6-foot monkey outside a pub....

huh.... ;)

Bet it was easy to tell which one was the monkey ;)

VVVVV

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

The tallest one :P :lol: ;) (Sorry Ian, could not resist it)

I think your kitchen is infested with Weevels. It's likely they came from the cornflour to be honest as they're rarely found in pasta. Horrible things that breed like nothing else - as you've found out.

Take a look here. :yucky:

Ick! I've been looking around the internet and I'm convinced it's mites due to the fact they're all white/cream in colour and REALLY tiny. Ick ick ick! I've been itchy ever since I found these things last week. Apparently bug bombs don't really work on their eggs so we might have a losing battle on our hands. Hopefully the dehumidifier will help. At the moment I'm just leaving the cooker on and getting some heat into the kitchen to dry the air a bit and it seems to work a little.

Try (shamelessly nicked off another forum)

Prevention

1. Freeze all meal products (cereals, flours, animal food/seed, etc) for 24 hours after puchasing in order to kill any eggs/insects that might be present in the products. The idea is to keep them from breeding once you've brought them into your home.

2. Store all food products in air tight containers. A lot of "tupperware" type containers are NOT sufficient. Ziplock bags and mason jars (rubber seal, screw-on lids) are reported to be the best. We use a vaccum sealer for a lot of items.

3. Use bay leaves in cupboards and in products to keep these little monsters at bay (pun intended). I've found tons of references to this as being a particularly effective means of control. Many people put a few leaves in their meal products.

If you've got an existing infestation

1. Inspect food packaging for sign of the insects. Worms, moths, casings, webbing, and tiny holes in the packaging itself. If you see ANY signs of them then immediately take the packaging outside and dump it in the trash. For you composters, you can dump it into your pile, but these vile little creatures are persisten beyond measure. Make sure it's a very hot pile where they'll not have the opportunity to flourish and re-infest your home. Persoanlly I'd take em out as far from my home as possible.

2. Clean every last thing that is stored in the infested space with warm soapy water. Cans, containers, books, EVERYTHING. In the cabinet where we had them we had perhaps about 50 cookbooks and they've taken up residence in at least half of them - inside hard cover spines and between pages. Ugh!! Evil or Very Mad After cleaning them out of the books, I've placed those books in plastic bags and into the freezer.

3. Remove absolutely everything from the infested storage space, even the shelves if possible and wash all surfaces with soapy water. Don't forget things like door hinges or undersides. Use some sort of brush to get at recessed or hard to wipe areas. It's war and you have to be thurough or it will never end.

4. Once every sign of these tiny demons is erradicated to the best of your ability, place bay leaves in the storage area. A few on every shelf or as needed. As noted before this is supposed to be a particularly effective detterent so don't skimp. Buy in bulk at Costco, or the like, and replace them periodically (I have no idea how long the leaves remain effective).

So clean and then disinfect with bay leaves seems to be the best option, rather than spending a fortune on a dehumidifier :thumbsup:

If visiting a company that spray paints fencing... Don't park ANYWHERE near the premises on a windy day!

I've just spend two hours trying to remove all the spots of brown paint from my car. :(

Murray's bonnet badge flew off at 70mph on the M4 this morning. :eek::crybaby:

when i first read that i thought it said your bonnet flew off on the m4..

So look at it like this - not as bad as it could've been!

Murray's bonnet badge flew off at 70mph on the M4 this morning. :eek::crybaby:

when i first read that i thought it said your bonnet flew off on the m4..

So look at it like this - not as bad as it could've been!

Yeah - still enough to wake me up though!

---> :yawn:

---> BANG!! (Something hits windscreen) :eek:

---> WTF was THAT?!?! :ffs: :blink:

---> Gets to work - Badge is missing.

yeah - must be gutting... :(

anyway, got 2 new tyres on the car this morning, wouldnt have been so bad if i hadnt got a handful of opposite lock ;) pulling out of the garage!

oops...

anyway, got 2 new tyres on the car this morning, wouldnt have been so bad if i hadnt got a handful of opposite lock ;) pulling out of the garage!

oops...

The lesson here is to park with your wheels straight. :D

oops...

Alas I have to park half on/half off the pavement outside my house. My left tyres are always the ones that end up on the pavement so I'm half expecting some months down the line to need to change those two earlier than the ones on the right. I do have a driveway in which I can park but it's on the other end of the street which was nicely donated to me by my landlord so half the time I end up parking outside my house instead as I usually have stuff to unload out of the boot. Plus I hate reversing out of it because it's the end house at the bottom of a one way street so I'm half expecting someone to crash into me one of these days as I come out!

Try (shamelessly nicked off another forum)

Prevention

[sNIP!]

So clean and then disinfect with bay leaves seems to be the best option, rather than spending a fortune on a dehumidifier :thumbsup:

Wow you've done your homework! I don't know how many times I've googled this subject and I never got that up :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely try the bay leaves and see how that works. :thumbsup:

Still going ahead with the dehumidifier myself more for the fact that the flat does get damp in the winter and condensation is ridiculous on my windows despite the fact that I have double glazing. I blame it on the fact that our back door isn't one of those modern PVC rubber sealed types, just a plain ole wooden door with a single pane window.

oops...

The lesson here is to park with your wheels straight. :D

erm - what actually happened was pulling out - low grip tarmac, right turn, 1st gear, 300 horsepower and rear wheel drive = hollywood style corner (and me feeling a little tit! well, a little, although i help it nicely, and anyone under the age of 20 was probably impressed... shame everyone that would've seen was over 30 tbh...) :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links