Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Igniton

kevin salter

I am having problems with the igniton on my 98 Avensis i have to keep fiddling with the key to get it started has anyone had the same problem? How easy is it to take the igniton off the car, Can you start it by taking the back of the igniton and usr a screwdriver. already had the starter motor replaced because i thought that was the problem :help:

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same problem 2 fridays ago, was going on holiday on the Saturday!

Called the RAC who said its the ignition switch and its a common Avensis problem.

Said it would take 2 or more hours to repair or replace so I'll be booking in with Mr T as its under warranty.

Short-term (needed to get to the airport Saturday) he took the relay off, stuck a wire on which I have to spark off the Battery to start her up.

I am having problems with the igniton on my 98 Avensis i have to keep fiddling with the key to get it started has anyone had the same problem? How easy is it to take the igniton off the car, Can you start it by taking the back of the igniton and usr a screwdriver. already had the starter motor replaced because i thought that was the problem :help:

:D Thanks, got a second hand part £10 and did the job in 1/2 hour works fine now

I've seen the 'wire' job done before. Probably worth while us Avensis owners to carry a heavy duty piece of wire with a male spade terminal at each end in our chariots in case the inevitable happens! :thumbsup: