Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Show Yourselves

ShortAndSweet

Don't take this the wrong way as I don't mean to be horrible here mate, but are you !Removed!!?

PMSL.. Nah I'm not - though would it be a problem if I was?! ;) :lol:

and JJ you're right, I was at Infest, I go every year!! :thumbsup: (It wasn't you I spotted in

a D1GB drift tshirt one day was it?)

see this is why I hesitated in posting a pic when the thread started.... :rolleyes:

Stu

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caz SR

• JustJJ

• Demonic Angel

• Baby Yari

OMG! you go to Infest???

lol no wasnt me I was part of the crew... I generally crew every year... used to do it when I was at uni... now I just help out a lil... we know the guy who organises it all :)

Im still waiting for the official pics to go up... I was all decked out in blue n black :P you prolly wouldnt recognise me :P

see this is why I hesitated in posting a pic when the thread started.... :rolleyes:

Stu

Glad you did in the end - it's up to you what you damn well like to wear and what interests you have!! :D :thumbsup:

This is probably one of the most interesting picture threads we've had. Certainly lots of varied hobbies and people! :)

Don't take this the wrong way as I don't mean to be horrible here mate, but are you !Removed!!?

PMSL.. Nah I'm not - though would it be a problem if I was?! ;) :lol:

and JJ you're right, I was at Infest, I go every year!! :thumbsup: (It wasn't you I spotted in

a D1GB drift tshirt one day was it?)

Stu

Sorry, was a bit harsh.

It wouldn't be a problem if you were !Removed! at all mate, this is a very open forum!!

Into the void I go...

My pic's on my profile and as for what I do in my spare time (5 seconds somewhere near the end):

I love that video despite my crappiness at the firespinning because that's my very first burn immortalised! My bf however has really taken to the fire and can be seen towards the beginning of the video doing his fast and furious face! :lol:

Into the void I go...

My pic's on my profile and as for what I do in my spare time (5 seconds somewhere near the end):

I love that video despite my crappiness at the firespinning because that's my very first burn immortalised! My bf however has really taken to the fire and can be seen towards the beginning of the video doing his fast and furious face! :lol:

That's amazing! I was literally mesmorised by that vid. May be a silly question, but how comes it's called 'Poi' could you tell me some more about it? :thumbsup:

That's amazing! I was literally mesmorised by that vid. May be a silly question, but how comes it's called 'Poi' could you tell me some more about it? :thumbsup:

It's a really great video and the music is perfect. The girl at the start of the video with the firebrands (five on each hand) and the girl with the fire staff are my instructors. They're part of the group that's currently on ads on BBC Northern Ireland showcasing new shows for the autumn as their "eye candy". It's a shame it's not being shown outside of Northern Ireland as it looks absolutely amazing.

Now, for my professor glasses :D ...

Poi is derived from the Maori people of New Zealand and literally means ball in their language. The Maori men used to use rocks at the end of ropes to strengthen their muscles and co-ordination (after all it hurts when you get whacked by accident!) and the women would have used smaller lighter poi to increase flexibility in their wrists.

The performance art of poi is derived from that and it can be used, as you have seen, with fire or with anything as simple as a small bag of rice in a sock! It's loads of fun though it can be really frustrating when you keep hitting yourself whilst learning!

You should keep an eye out for classes at your local community centre or college (or circus school if there's one nearby) because it's really taking off in the UK. And if you are lucky enough to be able to progress on to fire you'll be completely freaked out by it at first because it's such a new sensation to have fire whizzing past your head in such close proximity!

Wow! Thanks for the info! :D

Certainly looks like fun and really graceful too. I've seen this for real at festivals etc and always admired the performers.

I'm off to do a Google and find out a bit more.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Yay another convert! We are planning a whole world domination of poi! :D

There are a couple of guys I know who've been doing this stuff for 10 or 5 years and it's amazing to watch them, one of the guys have this little trick of spinning the firepoi around his hands until they're completely wrapped and he spins them out again. It always looks like he's holding the fire and it's a great way of freaking people out! I've only really been doing it myself for about 7 months but you'd be amazed how quickly you do progress!

Twirly Society at Bradford Uni did a lot of this sorta stuff :)

It rocks...

saw them do fire stuffs outside.. and indoors they had glo-sticks n stuffs :)

Yours.thumb.jpg

and

Picture001.jpg

Im sure Ive seen a piccy of Rob in pretty much the same orientation tho... will have to hunt for it mebbe lol :P

My god!! he does wear white T-shirts :eek::lol:

They're both V neck t-shirts too! :!Removed!:

OH MY GOD - they both shop at the same place (Matalans?) ;)

tut tut.... just cos you cant afford clothes of that caliber :rolleyes:

That's quality :thumbsup: !

Thank you!

JustJJ - Yeah it really is pretty cool when you watch the pros do it and I'm really glad it's taking off in the UK. About time too!! I waited 5 years to find someone to teach me!

The toys you can use are so varied, anything from glow staffs, to neon balls to flags, the possibilities are really endless.

Yours.thumb.jpg

and

Picture001.jpg

Im sure Ive seen a piccy of Rob in pretty much the same orientation tho... will have to hunt for it mebbe lol :P

My god!! he does wear white T-shirts :eek::lol:

They're both V neck t-shirts too! :!Removed!:

OH MY GOD - they both shop at the same place (Matalans?) ;)

tut tut.... just cos you cant afford clothes of that caliber :rolleyes:

i know... i know...

I'm spending all my money on fuel nowadays so have taken to fashioning clothes out of the VAT receipts...

ah ok..... i thought it was entirely your fault that you had bad dress sense :P

jim.jpg

Christmas 2005... Afterparty chilling out. :thumbsup:

Hic.

Only others I have to hand are olllld, industrial/gothy and halloween. I don't photograph properly. At first I thought it was the camera... :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links