Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brand New Yaris - Cd Changer Question

TobyM

Hi All,

Just got a brand spanking new (56 plate) Yaris T2 D4D - still has only 20 miles on the clock! It's in black which was originally my second colour choice (I wanted Kielder green but they seem to have stopped doing it?). In fact looks better in black than other colours as bumper, grille and bonnet blend into one...

One big question - I am keen to fit a 6 dics CD changer cheaply and simply. The Toyota delaer quoted about £400 from his after sales department - he suggested this was a little steep (it ammounted to somehting like £250 for the labour) :wacko:

As I understand it there should be a pre-installed wiring harness to under the passneger seat to fit a CD changer to? I don't wnat to go poking about blind loking for it if it isn't there. I am quite happy to keep the factory fit head unit (I'm not that bothered with looks or sound quality). Can anyone give me advice on how to do this, what CD changer to go for, how it fits, etc?

Thanks...

Hi Toby, welcome to TOC!

There are a couple of How To's on how to fit an aftermarket CD player to a Yaris, however these apply to Mk1 models... you could maybe give it a go with it and see how it goes (can't be too different after all!)

Link

There are a few members with Mk2 models now - hopefully you can all help each other if its incredibly different to the Mk1 one....

Best of luck and enjoy the new Yaris! :thumbsup:

I THINK that the audio wiring loom is the same as the bluetooth kit etc is the same numbers etc.

What you need to do is ask for the product number of the cd changer and if it isn't a new one from the old type you can probably get it alot cheaper on eBay :thumbsup: !

OK, just had a very careful play. The two strips of trim that run vertically either side of the central column unclip from the bottom. Havig removed them you can then carefully unclip the plastic surround of the instrument binnacle. However the last three clips aong the bottom of this (where it clips to the silver airvent) defeated me - I stopped pulling when the airvent cover started to bend... Any volunteers to try and work out how the clips work? They have a long tongue that seems to thread through a slot somehow.

remove.jpg

Once you have removed the instrument surround it is simply a question of removing 4 screws. BTW, if anyone is interested the radio/Cd in the T3 and Tspirit is made by panasonic. If I ever get the surround off I would perhaps be able to tell you what the model is!

(NB the picture is taken from the Parkers review site. I will try and take one of the bits removed that I can remove if I get a chance tomorrow).

Just checked with Mr T and they quote over £500 to supply and fit a CD changer - as the head unit is designed to accept one directly this seems pretty *#^$@#^* expensive

What you will probably find you need is a "connects 2" unit to go between the cd-changer of choice and the H/U.

In the past I posted a "what it is" type thread, erm,

Irony is that mine was fitted by my "Mr T of choice" when they were having my MD changer fitted (insurance job, so I wasn't paying...)

Good luck with the dash clips - Maybe Steve ("Red Yaris 54" ) is brave enough to poke around his dash too...

:thumbsup:

A

I've got a connects2 adaptor for £13.50 (brand new) and a second hand 10 disc sony mp3 changer for £75, again off eBay. I can thoroughly recomend the connects2 adaptor as it gives you all the controls, even with the steering wheel controller. The only downsides are that the yaris headunit (mine anyway) doesn't support the disc name or play the 100th+ track when you have that many MP3s on a disc. So you only get to have your favourite 990 tracks in your car. Mounting was easy, I just stuck on some velcro hooks to the bottom and that holds it nicely on the carpet on a ridge under the driver's seat.

I think they make an adaptor for the new shape Yaris, it's CTATYS002. The Installation instructions for the Toyota CD player are at http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/aim_Schre...admin=&lan= , should help wih removing the trim.

The new toyota yaris uses the same connection system as the later model corolla,

Panasonic who make the stereo changed the connector, The TM0461 panasonic changer will work but you will need an adaptor (nothing fancy) all it does is go from one connector to the other. part number is P/N 08695-00370

I would avoid any sort of interface that changes the bus as you sometimes get problems.

Good luck with the dash clips - Maybe Steve ("Red Yaris 54" ) is brave enough to poke around his dash too...

:thumbsup:

A

Er No..................well not right now...........................I am quite happy with my standard system at the moment.

I may be tempted at some future stage to install a couple of small pod Speakers at the front of each door

(just forward of the window switches.)

I think Clarion make a suitable pair

I dunno Steve, i'm not about for a couple of months and you go and buy a brand spanking new motor! haha!! Glad to see you went for the red this time chief!! :thumbsup:

I dunno Steve, i'm not about for a couple of months and you go and buy a brand spanking new motor! haha!! Glad to see you went for the red this time chief!! :thumbsup:

Missed you at JAE this year mate..................will have to catch up sometime :thumbsup:

Well, I finally managed to get the head unit out :D . In the end I cheated a bit - rather than risk breaking the flimsy clips that hodl the instrument surround in place I left that attached until I had the whole lot out and could see what I was doing.

So you need to unscrew the 4 obvious screws on corners of head unit. Carefully unclip the surround (which includes controls and 2 air vents). It has clips at bottom above heater controls (fiddly) and at top corners (stiff - just persevere...) then remove whole shooting match and unclip instrument surround. then you can get at the head unit...

I assume that the changer will plug into the white socket that is currently empty and has 2 rows of 6 pins?

Having worked out how to get it out I now need to find a compatible changer. I can't find any info anywhere about the TM0461 panasonic changer - seemingly panasonic are going away from separate cd changers - I could only find an 8 disc changer that they still make.

I wil have to visit Mr T and see what the parts guy wil charge for the toyota OEM changer and lead. Oh, and the wiring isn't pre-fitted unfortunately

Hi All,

Just got a brand spanking new (56 plate) Yaris T2 D4D - still has only 20 miles on the clock! It's in black which was originally my second colour choice (I wanted Kielder green but they seem to have stopped doing it?). In fact looks better in black than other colours as bumper, grille and bonnet blend into one...

One big question - I am keen to fit a 6 dics CD changer cheaply and simply. The Toyota delaer quoted about £400 from his after sales department - he suggested this was a little steep (it ammounted to somehting like £250 for the labour) :wacko:

As I understand it there should be a pre-installed wiring harness to under the passneger seat to fit a CD changer to? I don't wnat to go poking about blind loking for it if it isn't there. I am quite happy to keep the factory fit head unit (I'm not that bothered with looks or sound quality). Can anyone give me advice on how to do this, what CD changer to go for, how it fits, etc?

Thanks...

Hi

pick yourself a toyota in-dash 6 cd changer from ebayaround £100, takes 10mins to fit

Regards Arshid

• 1 month later...

Toyota Yaris Dash Centre Console Removal Diagrams & Instructions

If you go to the Toyota site http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com and register, you can then go to 'Search Publications', then select Publication type of 'Accessory Installation Manual'. This takes you to a screen called "Toyota Publications - Accessory Installation Manuals"; hit the red button 'Search AIM', select Vehicle 'Yaris', Kata Extract 'Any', Generation 'Any', Category 'Any', Accessory Group 'Audio', and hit search.

This brings up a list of publications; go to 'Audio RHD' & '08601-00911' and hit the 'magnifying glass' icon, this will launch Adobe and bring up a PDF document called 'Yaris Audio RHD Installation Instructions'.

This gives you step-by-step instructions on how to remove the centre console include diagrams of where the clips and hooks are etc.

It's the real deal, and costs nothing but the time it takes to fill out the registration.

Enjoy!

PS The site also has all the other Toyota models on it too.