Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biggest Annoyance On Uk Roads

Demonic Angel

What is the biggest annoyance on our roads?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Choose from the following...

• Fog lights on when its not foggy
    • People talking on mobiles at the wheel
    • Congestion due to sheer weight of traffic
    • Roadworks
    • Noise
    • Tailgaters
    • Pollution
    • Other (please specify)
    • Middle lane hoggers

Following a topic on Yaris about fog lights, I wondered what peoples views were on the most annoying problem on UK roads today....

For me, the biggest annoyance I find is people talking on mobiles, it's like less than a tenner for a basic hands-free kit - why wont people use them?? Or even better, just pull over! :rolleyes:

I've lost count of the amount of times someone has been driving erractically and it turns out they are on their phone - there was an incident locally whereby a guy in a van, who only had one hand on the steering wheel couldnt steer the van round the corner one-handed and ended up hitting a car in the other lane - luckily no-one was hurt but it just really gets on my wick that people still do it! :ffs:

I dont care how important the call is either, I've never used my phone while driving, unless with a handsfree kit and even then I limit it to "I'm lost" or "I'm stuck in traffic", not "Did you see who Sarah Smith was snogging in the pub last night" :rolleyes:

lol rant over! Feel free to do the same! :lol:

I've thought of a few examples for the poll but also included 'other', in case you have another one I've missed!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GIDDLEPIN

• Angelicevil

• Roytoner

• Kev Mc

Sunday drivers, not because they are slow but they do things like cutting lanes on big roundabouts and are totally oblivious to other road users.

Mobile phones annoy me.

Foglights really annoy me.

But mainly it's Rovers that I seem to have 'issues' with at the moment.

Everytime I'm out on a nice sweeping country road I seem to get stuck behind someone intent on doing about 40mph - regardless of conditions, visibility, etc. I noticed earlier this year that it's ALWAYS a Rover !

Oh, and people who sit in the middle lane on Motorways. They want shooting !

( and people on Horses ! )

Ahhh I knew I was missing a vital one Rich!!

Let me see if I can edit my poll because that'd be 2nd on my list! :lol:

Edit - Nope, can't do it! :(

Edited by Demonic Angel

i dont get annoyed easy, but people who are just obviloius need teaching, eg, middle lane hoggers, people who always go in the wrong lane at rounbouts, even tho its very well signposted.

roadworks was my vote, cos, theres so many about at the minute

cant they do one at a time and get it done QUICK

Tailgaters..

Middle lane hoggers..

Those that drive at 40mph everywhere..

Those who slow down just too have a look at the accident or broken down vehicle on the otherside of the motorway.... or the cars that have had an accident that are sitting on the hard shoulder on your side of the motorway..

T :censor: s that drive everywhere with thier foglights on..

Ahhh I knew I was missing a vital one Rich!!

I put other as this is mine :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

I did 600 miles yesterday and lost count of the number of times I had to swing from the inside to the outside and back to pass someone sitting at 65 in the middle lane :!Removed!:

The police should be stopping them as that is far more dangerous than me doing 71.5 mph(ish) :thumbsup: and you can see points where the traffic backs up behind as everyone has to swing round them

PS Two lorries, one overtaking the other at 0.5 mph faster is my other gripe

Cheers

Giles

Tailgaters..

Middle lane hoggers..

Those that drive at 40mph everywhere..

Those who slow down just too have a look at the accident or broken down vehicle on the otherside of the motorway.... or the cars that have had an accident that are sitting on the hard shoulder on your side of the motorway..

T :censor: s that drive everywhere with thier foglights on..

or those who slam on when they see a police car.....

thats already pulled someone....

i chose other. my annoyance i classify as ingorant drivers. those who dont drive with their lights on at night, or leave their indicators on after turning or driving in the outside lane of the motorway when the others a clear etc

Am I only allowed to pick one? I went for tailgaiters as this IMO is the most dangerous thing on the roads. It's not nice when you have your kids in the car and some idiot is driving 1 foot off your bumper.

Others are:

* Audi/BMW/Merc drivers who flash you as you overtake a middle laner to get out of their way because you don't want to do 90mph like them. Yes I may be past the car I'm overtaking, but I like to be a safe distance in front of the car before pulling back in (people who pull in almost hitting my wing are just as bad as tailgaters)

* middle laners!

* Fog lights.

* people who indicate left as they pull away from being parked (ie they actually turn right).

* Prats who park in disabled and baby spaces.

* People who drive and talk on their mobiles. Lot's of times it's BMW drivers I notice. You'd think if they could afford a £30k car they could afford £50 for a handsfree kit!

* People carriers! / Chelsea tractors

* Moped drivers that buzz around on your back bumper and think that they are allowed to use pavements as highways

My god, anyone would think I hated driving!

lets get flamed and say " WOMEN DRIVERS " :lol::lol:

As somebody whom drives 60 miles per day on a combination of motorway/urban road between Worcester and Birmingham, I can tell you that the most irratating drivers are most definately tailgaters, especially when they don't understand that the reason why I not travelling at 70mph is the fact that the traffic in front isn't doing 70mph either.

This is closely followed by the berks in their repmobiles (which are mostly underpowered cars built by a certain German manufacturer with a name begining with a B, they don't drive Mondeos anymore) trying to between meetings at different ends of the country on the same day and drive like a complete manaic as a result. You normally see them at roadworks passing all the traffic queues when it is obvious that the lane they are using is closed, only to find them stuck when they reach the begining of the cones because nobody will let them in.

I used to have a handfree kit in my previous car, but I found it almost impossible to drive and have a conversation at the same time. I now refuse to use a phone while I'm driving, so mobile phones are third on my list.

People who toss cigarette butts out of the car..........................grrr haven't they got bloody ashtrays fitted :angry:

People who toss cigarette butts out of the car..........................grrr haven't they got !Removed! ashtrays fitted :angry:

Yep... and it's nice and clean :lol::lol:

Mine would be people who dont signal at all

Driving along the M25 yesterday me and Mum lost count of how many people change lanes without signalling at all - it's not just limited to Motorways, it's everywhere & IMO it's just laziness. I occasionally forget or don't do it, I'm not a saint at all but I feel like I'm one of the most signalling drivers around anyway even when I don't signal occasionally :blink:

Also hate people talking on their phones without handsfree kits & those who go at 50 mph on a dual carriageway so even lorries have to overtake them, therefore causing the other traffic going at 70mph to have to brake harshly to compensate to go down to a bit under 60 mph - what makes it worse is most of the time it's sunny, clear roads and not like it's peeing down with rain either. If it was wet or poor weather then I'd understand :ffs:

Weight of traffic -as queing to get on the m62 every morning and then crawling 20 miles to leeds just to get to work is a pain in the rear!!

The rest of them are just the other tools on the road -why let em get to you?? There every where in life!!

People who toss cigarette butts out of the car..........................grrr haven't they got !Removed! ashtrays fitted :angry:

Yep... and it's nice and clean :lol::lol:

Exactly what I was thinking -My ashtrays spotless over here too!!

I voted for mobiles as there's no real excuse anymore and it's dangerous.

Other annoyances:

Nissan Micra drivers

(any age, what is it with them? Is there some 'dozy' gas being leaked from the interior plastics or something?)

People who indicate left on a roundabout when going straight across it

(yes, I know you're turning left just a little bit :rolleyes:

People who wear hats when driving

(sorry but that includes any of you in a baseball cap but there's also old people in flat caps, etc. Likely to rain through your roof, is it? Even people who have to wear hats for work such as funeral directors and police, usually take off their headgear inside the car!)

rant over.... now breathe. :P

People who are too lazy to check their blind spots annoy the crap out of me... just the other day I was driving down the A14 and was almost overtaking to exec in his Passat and he just moved over... If i didn't see it coming and slam on the anchors then I'd probably be dead or something.... ***just turn your head for f**k sake***

I think it could all come under one umbrella, and I'm sure everyone would agree, but the biggest annoyance on Uk roads is 'Everyone else'. :P

Mr. 40.. it has to be Mr. 40.. why on earth do they do it??.. can't be because they don't want to speed, they still do 40 when they go into a small village with a 30 limit, it can't be because the car only does 40, because other drivers drive the same car faster than 40.. so whay is it with Mr. 40???

Nissan Micra drivers

(any age, what is it with them? Is there some 'dozy' gas being leaked from the interior plastics or something?)

I have to agree with the Micra driver thing.. nearly every time your stuck behind Mr. 40, he/she is in a Micra.

I have to agree with the Micra driver thing.. nearly every time your stuck behind Mr. 40, he/she is in a Micra.

And they're probably wearing a hat. :lol: