Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Biggest Annoyance On Uk Roads

Demonic Angel

What is the biggest annoyance on our roads?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Choose from the following...

• Fog lights on when its not foggy
    • People talking on mobiles at the wheel
    • Congestion due to sheer weight of traffic
    • Roadworks
    • Noise
    • Tailgaters
    • Pollution
    • Other (please specify)
    • Middle lane hoggers

Haven't voted, as there are a number of things that really get my goat on the roads:

Fog lights, when they're not needed.

People using mobile phones.

Middle lane hoggers on M-ways.

People who don't indicate.

People who throw rubbish out their windows.

People who slam on their brakes, when they see what they think is a police car on the M-way, but is infact a M-way patrol vehicle, and is clearly indicated as so with ORANGE flashing lights, and the YELLOW AND BLACK reflective markings!!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GIDDLEPIN

• Angelicevil

• Roytoner

• Kev Mc

ALL OF THE ABOVE !!!!! as well as…..

Suicide jockeys who think they are invincible when they drive in pouring rain and heavy spray with only side lights on or no lights at all :ffs: :censor:

(added middle lane hoggers for you Em ;) )

for me its van drivers on the outside lanes im always behind one or either one right up my rear even when im doin 90+

they must really thrash there engines such as ford transits im susprised they dont blow from all the noise and black smoke they produce

Again all of the above - speed camera's are the worst though ;) !

I also think that the hard shoulder should be used in rush hour and that lorries shouldn't be able to over take at a certain time/period ie rush hour

Tractors etc should be banned from the road between 7 and 9am and between 4 - 6pm.. as they are in Canada (i think)

There is NO excuse for driving a Rover !

oi... i used to drive a rover!! lol! msherry21 knows me from when I owned that, thankfully I now own my MR2!

i voted for the fog lights one... there is just no need! I saw several offenders using them on Saturday night when I went a spin into Glasgow. :angry:

other pet hates are the whole roundabouts and lanes! if your in the wrong lane, then stick to it. you can come onto the roundabout again... no need to try and wipe me out when trying to move yourself into correct lane!!!

oh yeah... and I agree on the tractors one! major nuisance for me personally! I have to admit another thing that really gets on my nerves is also people who drive at like 30mph in a 60mph zone first thing in morning causing traffic to build up and creating queues!!

well the main toss up is between fog lights and congestion out of those... but all apply to some extent...

well except noise?... I have stereo on.. dont bother me :P

but hey some other good things mentioned too :P

Had some muppet on his phone following me this morning.

Almost lost contorl of his audi estate trying to negotiate a right-hand turn at some traffic lights.

Made my feelings well known to him.

Another one is people who don't get in lane.

Some other muppet in his Citroen, got in the left-hand lane (which should obviously turn left-in a 3 lane approach to a roundabout with 4 exits), and I entered the middle lane to go straight across.

Decided he also wanted to go straight across - not while I'm here buddy boy!!!!

Thank God I have a bike to release the tension....

I was about to go for middle lane hoggers because it's such an avoidable thing & yet it completely ruins the way motorways work, motorways work great when people drive properly.

I also thought about going for traffic congestion, I work on the same road as a load of big schools & getting home, even at 5 is horrendous but that doesn't really annoy me as there's nothing any1 can do about it.

Then I remembered, the thing that annoys me more than anything else on the roads is people that are in the correct lane, see it's busy, go in another lane then try to cut in ahead of every1 else who's been sitting there patiently, it absolutely annoys the hell out of me. What makes you so more special than every1 that stops you from having to wait like every1 else? Get to the back of the line, :censor: !!

Its got to be middle lane hoggers, although everything that has been mentioned is almost equally annoying!! Why people insist on plodding along in the middle lane when there is nothing to overtake and then causing tailbacks in the outside lane amazes me!! Therefore i have no regrets when i pull up on the inside of them shake my head and proceed to undertake....im sorry i know i shouldnt but it REALLY annoys me!!

People who undertake on motorways really annoy me,

ok if theres someone in the middle lane who wont move over,

just go into the over taking lane thats what its there for

If that middle lane hogger pulls in while your under taking we all end up in a stupid accident :ffs:

And i think Jerry would choose the amount of traffic,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,after he did 500 yards in 3 hours :lol::lol::lol:

night time driving whith no street lights. I always have to park up and call for a cab.

About time you got those lights fixed don't you think? :yes::lol:

middle lane hoggers.... 40mph club

just go into the over taking lane thats what its there for

the best thing about doing that is, they STILL sit in the middle lane and dont move over!

I dont think there is anything wrong with the lights on the car, is is easier to driver when there are street lights.

Must be awful for you when the nights draw in, do you not go out in your car then? :o

Maybe you need Glasses?? i'm not meaning it disrespectfully or anything.. but if you can't see properly driving at night, there could be an underlying problem?? worth seeing an optitian maybe... then you could enjoy nightime driving.

just go into the over taking lane thats what its there for :angry:

If that middle lane hogger pulls in while your under taking we all end up in your stupid accident :ffs:

And i think Jerry would choose the amount of traffic,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,after he did 500 yards in 3 hours :lol::lol::lol:

yeah you are right there Kim traffic Jesus :angry:

And to add to it i cant stand people who leave a mile gap in traffic. only to find that they are reading a book or eating food :ffs:

jerry!!

People that either a) cant drive at(meaning well under lol) or close to the speed limit or B) people that drive without any brain activity and just treat it like its a walk around town on shopping day(oblivious to the world around them).

and to simplify nearly every other road user :rolleyes:

I undertake too, but why the %$( should i have to queue to overtake a brainless moron when the inside lane is quicker, I only do it where there is a hard shoulder and i keep my eye out..

They never learn and flash at you Like mad most of the time...

It really does annoy me whne you drive at like 3am to see someone in the middle lane with absolutely no traffic?

Mobile phones annoy me.

Foglights really annoy me.

But mainly it's Rovers that I seem to have 'issues' with at the moment.

Everytime I'm out on a nice sweeping country road I seem to get stuck behind someone intent on doing about 40mph - regardless of conditions, visibility, etc. I noticed earlier this year that it's ALWAYS a Rover !

Oh, and people who sit in the middle lane on Motorways. They want shooting !

( and people on Horses ! )

LMFAO!!!!!!! You said everything I was going to, nearly woprd for word.

I find laguna drivers partiularly annoying :D

I aslo finds Saabs most offensive, not because of how they are driven but purely because they are so ugly they distract me.... I even dislike the way the name sounds.... and I truely and utterly hate "why drive a car when you can pilot a saab" GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links