Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr2 Electric Window Not Working

ColinC

Just after starting my MR2 journey, and I love my new car. She's a 1990 GTi, Jap, NA (will get some pics up soon). Driving this car is a dream come true, I can't believe how much FUN these cars are :D :D

but since I've bought it the passenger electric window has stopped working.

The window seemed a little weak when I first checked the car, and on the way home it stopped working. 12 hours later it started working again so I put it down (it was sunny). Now it's stuck down and won't go back up :( I have to go on a long journey tomorrow for a job interview so need to fix asap...

I'm thinking it sounds like the motor. Does anyone else know what it could be?

I know a guy who is breaking an MR2, so I can get a motor but I don't know how to install it. Anyone have any links to online guides, or tips? Don't want to go running to Mr.T for this one cos I don't have the cash hehe...

thanks

CHECK THE BUTTON ISNT PRESSED IN ON THE DRIVERS PANEL.

sorry mate i meant the window lock button , some times its pressed in and the passenger window wont go up or down . simple error .

motor is held in by 3x 10mm bolts iirc , easy job really if you gain access to it.

I reckon it would be possible to do it, but right now I can't get the window up, and it's blocking my access inside the panel. I can't move my hand in around the back to work with the motor.

A mechanic told me to snip the wires going into the motor and the window would easily come up, but I've tried that and the window is still locked fast in place :(

It must be the motor though - I checked for noise (before snipping the wires) when I press the up/down window switch, and I could hear a little electronic noise coming out of the motor, so the power is getting into it but it's not doing anything.

is it possible to remove the glass from its metal runner at the bottom ???

is it possible to remove the glass from its metal runner at the bottom ???

Yes, that can be done too.

After getting a full regulator + motor from a guy I know who's breaking an MR2 :) It works fine, so just putting it in now with the help of a mechanic I know.