Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suspension

rolley

Hey all,

After some of your knowledge!

Am looking at the handleing of the car! Basically it handles a bit like a pig at times, and i swear 4x4 cars have a lower centre of gravity!!! :crybaby:

Anyway just wanna know what everyone is running? What is it like and a costing would be great. Am looking to save up a bit first so not likely to do it till the new year but just trying to work out what's best.

Have scouted up some TEIN suspesion kits from fensport! They look good! but are they worth it

And

Does new suspension screw up other things? i.e the stability control system and traction control?

Thanks in advance

Rolley

Hi,

Go with TEIN SS!I had them for over 30k,km.Are strong as rock as and the handle is beautifull.I am using

position number "10" wich preserves the confy as well.

Mircea

hello mate

i have 35mm lowering springs all round on mine,but i found that the t sport sits high anyway.i noticed a difference but personally i would go for 45 mm springs mate it would sit much better

:D Hi i am on 35mm drop tte springs. I like them as i have 2 corollas and mine is much better in the bends , not alot but much better than the other car think i need a strut brace soon :blink: and as for price £30 on the bay

:D Hi i am on 35mm drop tte springs. I like them as i have 2 corollas and mine is much better in the bends , not alot but much better than the other car think i need a strut brace soon :blink: and as for price £30 on the bay

Any chance of a pic of the 2 corolla's side by side so we can see the ride height difference as I am looking at the TTE springs myself ?

Also - does anyone have any ideas on the impact on insurance of Toyota fitted aftermarket parts?

Cheers.

Hey everyone thanxs for your replys

Have noticed a lot of you are running lowering springs! How much of a difference do they make? Fensport are doing 4 springs 35mm drop made by themselves. Fensport used them on the Corolla 200mph project car, albeit on the rears. So they must be able to take a pounding my guess!

Have been looking for lower lowering springs i.e 45mm but can't find them! Anybody know anything?

Hi,

Go with TEIN SS!I had them for over 30k,km.Are strong as rock as and the handle is beautifull.I am using

position number "10" wich preserves the confy as well.

Mircea

Thanks for your input Mircea. I'd love a set of TEIN SS. Originally that would have been the plan slam some new suspension on and you can tweak it then to your own feel.

Sadly my bank won't like it, and neither will my mum and dad (it will mean I spend longer living at home). As it is, i'm looking to being middle aged before i can buy my first house. Think i'm gonna have to start saving somewhere!!! Might start with my fuel economy 25 mpg not that good is it OOPS :thumbsup:

yeah no problem rinko will put a pic up in the morning but with the hose ban they are both looking DIRTY :ffs: but you will see the difference :thumbsup: and as for insurance i wouldn't tell them as they are standard on the new t-sport and they are tte so Toyota approved ??? think i am right

and as for insurance i wouldn't tell them as they are standard on the new t-sport and they are tte so Toyota approved ??? think i am right

Think that is correct, the CTS facelift is lower by about 30-35mm and I would have thought the source would have been TTE.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost for TTE springs and do you get them directly from your main dealer?

Went to demon tweeks yesterday for a scout and they want roughly £100 for new shocks (spaxs) or £150 for Eibach pros or whitelines. Then about £100+ for fitting. Plus they were on about going lower than 40mm would be a a problem as you'd need shorter shocks, which is not the first time i've heard that.

Anyway, fitting costs for lowering springs, what is a fair enough price?

Thanxs

P.s acemiko come up to north wales there is an abundance of water all the time so no need for hose pipe bans round here! LOL

I was thinking the same thing about the springs ... might get them done and not tell the insurance company - I bought it second hand from a non-toyota dealer and so there would be no way for me to tell it wasn't stock :D

Cheers acemiko - looking forward to seeing them.

Rolley - where abouts in North Wales are you ... i'm off to Glanwydden and then to Llandudno for a little break this weekend. Not any meets on at all are there? :)

Rolley - where abouts in North Wales are you ... i'm off to Glanwydden and then to Llandudno for a little break this weekend. Not any meets on at all are there? :)

I live in the rather sunny town of Wrexham. Its a great and fulfilling place! :huh:

Not many meets round here, its rather quiet in the valleys. We like it that way you see. We don't want any boy racers tearing up our roads, plus you only have to step into north wales and your chances of being caught speeding are increased ten fold. And I'm not joking about that!

I live in the rather sunny town of Wrexham. Its a great and fulfilling place! :huh:

Not many meets round here, its rather quiet in the valleys. We like it that way you see. We don't want any boy racers tearing up our roads, plus you only have to step into north wales and your chances of being caught speeding are increased ten fold. And I'm not joking about that!

Ahh - just down the road then. I'm in Nantwich/Crewe area, so not far away.

Yeah, just going to be taking a nice drive over - no hooning I promise :D I've heard from biker mates how bad it is for speeding.

Unfortunately if you are serious about the handling of the car I would not recommend the TTE lowering kit. I had this on mine and it looks great, but it doesn't do much for the cornering.

Also, the car is now under-damped and I guess eventually the stock dampers will expire.

Your best bet is to save pennies in the short term and go for proper coilovers as mentioned by Mircea and also stuff like trd anti-roll bars.

If you just want the looks and to keep a comfy ride, the TTE springs are just the ticket :thumbsup:

Paul.

Unfortunately if you are serious about the handling of the car I would not recommend the TTE lowering kit. I had this on mine and it looks great, but it doesn't do much for the cornering.

Also, the car is now under-damped and I guess eventually the stock dampers will expire.

Your best bet is to save pennies in the short term and go for proper coilovers as mentioned by Mircea and also stuff like trd anti-roll bars.

If you just want the looks and to keep a comfy ride, the TTE springs are just the ticket :thumbsup:

Paul.

I think for the time being (and as long as the dampers last) I will just put the springs on - unless I can get the full TTE (or another) suspension kit for a good price (and it would have to be very good at the moment as i'm pretty skint).