Do Not Sell My Personal Information

95 Carinae Alarm Plip Replacement

redlion

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so if this question has previously been covered I offer my appologies. I've got this delightful 95 Carina E 1.8 gls but only one alarm plip. The car is fitted with the standard 5000 TTDS alarm, does anyone know how I can get another plip (standard or non-standard) as i'm afraid one of these days I'm going to lose the only one I've got. I've been to my local Toyota dealer who says replacement plips are not availlable.

• 1 year later...
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so if this question has previously been covered I offer my appologies. I've got this delightful 95 Carina E 1.8 gls but only one alarm plip. The car is fitted with the standard 5000 TTDS alarm, does anyone know how I can get another plip (standard or non-standard) as i'm afraid one of these days I'm going to lose the only one I've got. I've been to my local Toyota dealer who says replacement plips are not availlable.

Hi Redlion. Sorry, but I think you will have to buy a complete setup, ie control box & 2 new units. One of my remotes broke and I was told by the dealer that they cannot be repaired. :(

The Ignition key sets the alarm anyway so I never bothered getting a second 'plip'

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 96 Carina. Purchased with 1 plip & key. Bought a plip off eBay and a key from dealer. Dealer then registered plip and key on car. No problems. Went though similar procedure with 93 corolla.

Ken

Scorpian no longer supply parts for this system as of mid 2004

Best full system removal & start again

They did spare remotes in 03 though it was a full recon set for about £80

• 3 months later...
I have a 96 Carina. Purchased with 1 plip & key. Bought a plip off ebay and a key from dealer. Dealer then registered plip and key on car. No problems. Went though similar procedure with 93 corolla.

Ken

I have enquired at two different main dealers and both say that the plips are factory matched to the alarm ecu/pcb. Can you give more info on who did the registering for you as I know where to get a used plip but do not want to go to the expense if it can't be done. Thanks.

I have a 96 Carina. Purchased with 1 plip & key. Bought a plip off ebay and a key from dealer. Dealer then registered plip and key on car. No problems. Went though similar procedure with 93 corolla.

Ken

I have enquired at two different main dealers and both say that the plips are factory matched to the alarm ecu/pcb. Can you give more info on who did the registering for you as I know where to get a used plip but do not want to go to the expense if it can't be done. Thanks.

until earlier this year I had a P reg Carina E (96 car)

I lost a key and alarm fob.

I got my Toyota main dealer to supply me with a new key and a new fob.

£130 if i rememebr correctly

I was I little miffed as I purchased a new Avensis the following week.

Take it to a Main Dealer. ask for a rplacement to be purchased.

The key is linked to the imboliser.

the keyfob is linked to the alarm.

A main dealer can link a new fob to an existing alarm - which is exactly what I had done.