Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Con

carday

3 year old Avensis 34000 miles just recently bought it has service history ie book stamped at right intervals

Question

Aircon does'nt seem to be cold enough is there a possibility that the cabin filter behind the glove box needs replacing, experience has led me to believe that these sort of things get overlooked because it's too much hassle taking screws out etc etc

I do know the air con isn't 'serviced' during servicing - odd, but it doesn't seem to be a service item, so may just need a bit of love and care. The handbook has instructions to fit a new filter

I know that when I bought mine the AC wasn't cold enough, so had it serviced seperately and was fantastic after that.:thumbsup:

They told me then that the AC should be serviced approx every 2 years, to get it regassed.

The a/c pollen filter is behind the glovebox. Remove this and you'll find a panel on the heater box. Release the clips at either end and remove the filter by sliding it out. Take note of the airflow direction on the old filter if you are gonna replace it. This makes a world of difference to your a/c system as a blocked filter will obviously affect the airflow through the vents. If you gonna get the system re-gassed, I'd reccommend an a/c flush. These are foam-based cleaners which you insert the tube into the heater vents and 'squirt' the foam inside the vent chambers. Its kills the bacteria inside the chambers and makes the car smell good too. These can be bought either from Mr T (if u minted! lol!) or any motor factors.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links