Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo - Climate Control As Std?

Billy C

I have a question....

next to the air con button there is a button labeled econ ..... what's that button do ? There's a few buttons in japanese writing that I haven't got a scooby what the bluddy hell they do.

I believe it's a low powered air-con type thingy which doesnt xzap as much power or push as much cold air through but not 100% sure, always have the roof of so no real need for A/c or C/C

Does the MR2 Turbo have CC as std?

AFAIK, all GT (Turbo) models have Climate control as standard on the GTS it was an option. You can tell whether you have it, since there will be temperature readings along the temperature slider i.e. 20 25 30 35 etc.

next to the air con button there is a button labeled econ ..... what's that button do ?

The econ button runs the Air con in half power mode. WIll save fuel. I usually start the system on A/C then switch to Econ to maintain temperature. Works on all but the very hottest of days.

If you take photos of the switches with the Jap writing, I'll see if I can distinguish what they are......

Air con doesn't require any real maintenance, but you need to install a protective mesh of some sort in front of your aircon radiator (Halfords sell attractive car mesh for £17 per sheet) - it's the one that is exposed to the elements through the front cone. If you don't do this, sooner or later the radiator will be ruptured by a stone (or some other foreign object) and it will by bye bye gas. In such an event, you will need a new/repaired air con rad and the system will need to be re gassed.

Air con systems lose gas over a period of time, after several years, chances are the gas will have to be replaced by an air con service centre. While your at it, get the system pressure tested for leaks.

Air con doesn't require any real maintenance, but you need to install a protective mesh of some sort in front of your aircon radiator (Halfords sell attractive car mesh for £17 per sheet) - it's the one that is exposed to the elements through the front cone. If you don't do this, sooner or later the radiator will be ruptured by a stone (or some other foreign object) and it will by bye bye gas. In such an event, you will need a new/repaired air con rad and the system will need to be re gassed.

Air con systems lose gas over a period of time, after several years, chances are the gas will have to be replaced by an air con service centre. While your at it, get the system pressure tested for leaks.

Does IMOC not sell those stone guard things? I think mine needs one, getting worried now...

Ive not signed up with IMOC properly because I really cant get on with the "yahoo" message system :ffs:

The protector hasn't caused me any prtob's yet as I don't have one and also now have a larger gap for stones, small furry animals to jump into that standard.

IMOC is another web forum although uses the Yahoo message thingy as you put it so has acouple of discount schemes available but noway near as many as we have here :D

As stated the mesh can be bought from Halfrods or similar stores...

The protector hasn't caused me any prtob's yet as I don't have one and also now have a larger gap for stones, small furry animals to jump into that standard.

IMOC is another web forum although uses the Yahoo message thingy as you put it so has acouple of discount schemes available but noway near as many as we have here :D

As stated the mesh can be bought from Halfrods or similar stores...

How do you mount said mesh though? do you have to drill holes and the like?

Can't say I fancy my climate control breaking any time soon :eek:

Usual practice is to use some cable ties - Like Ryan, I haven't fitted a radiator protector yet. Spent ages manufacturing one from Aluminium some time ago, but that died when I replaced the nose cone (someone stalled their car at a junction and I crept into their behind at 3MPH!) . I will be installing a grill soon, so I'll take some pics and do a bit of a how to guide.