Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 2007 Door Panel Removal

GuidoM

I have a 2007 Avensis D-CAT (T 180 ) and I would like to replace the front Speakers with my own. But how do I remove the door panel. I dont see any screws anywhere, and I'm not sure I can just pull it loose.

Guido

Sorry I can't help with advice on removing your door panels other than suggesting you ask at your local dealership. I'm considering ordering a T180 Tourer so I'd be interested in your comments on the car as an owner. Anyone else with a T180 would be very welcome to comment.

Cheers :)

I have a 2007 Avensis D-CAT (T 180 ) and I would like to replace the front speakers with my own. But how do I remove the door panel. I dont see any screws anywhere, and I'm not sure I can just pull it loose.

Guido

how do you have a 2007 car? :)

anyway, have a look here, there might be something if it's available...

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/find_SM.asp?d=1〈=En

I meant the 2007 model ofcourse :-)

So far I am very happy with the car. It's engine is very powerfull and very quiet and the seats are good. The only thing I don't like is the, in my opinion, poor audio system. But that's my opinion ofcourse, I know most people will probably disagree with me.

So far I am very happy with the car. It's engine is very powerfull and very quiet and the seats are good. The only thing I don't like is the, in my opinion, poor audio system. But that's my opinion ofcourse, I know most people will probably disagree with me.

I think the pre 2006 sound system that I have in mine is OK'ish, better than average but just doesn't sound as good against my Mercedes standard system, which is Alpine based. The new facelift model has supposedly improved on the sound (but I haven't heard it in action).

Wrong, not everyone will disagree! I have to agree on the audio - I can live with it, but I expected better. I find it too bassy at low volumes, but then too much treble as you turn it up; I'm constantly raising and lowering the bass depending on the song. I think it has plenty of power, but is just lacking in finesse. I don't find the auto sound levelling anywhere near as effective as it was on my previous Mondeo either.

Another thing, I am very surprised to see that the same stereo is used throughout the range. Bar the autochanger, my T-3X has the same system as your top of the range model, and so does the base model. I'd expect at least a couple of different audio systems throughout the range. I suppose that's the Toyota way though - less model variation = greater reliability.

If you do replace the Speakers I'd be interested to know how much improvement you find.

If you do replace the speakers I'd be interested to know how much improvement you find.

I already know it will be a great improvement because I've used the same Speakers (Boston Acoustics RC61) in my previous Avensis (T22). From the looks of it the Speakers in the T22 Avensis are the same as in the T25 Avensis, so it will probably sound about the same.