Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Photo's.

Uncle Bob

In photobucket left click and highlight the "direct link" under the photo thumbnail, then right click and copy. Then have your new message window open in another pane in the forum and click on the little green picture above the reply box. It will open a little box with some highlighted text. Just right click and paste your copied link (allow it to over-write the original text) and then click "insert image". It will insert where ever your cursor was in the reply and start and finish with %7Boption%7D and you will only see it when you post your reply.

Welcome to the club Boris.

Thats a really nice car. Did you do all the modifications? The body coloured surround for the ICE is good.

Finally uploaded pic after finally giving my T180 a good clean. Tried the Meguiars clay bar kit for the first time and was very impressed - the microscopic cr*p that it took off was amazing. And then the waxing went on sooo smooth and buffed up so easily. I'm a convert. Now need to get some carnauba wax.

post-59763-127590062632_thumb.jpg

Finally uploaded pic after finally giving my T180 a good clean. Tried the Meguiars clay bar kit for the first time and was very impressed - the microscopic cr*p that it took off was amazing. And then the waxing went on sooo smooth and buffed up so easily. I'm a convert. Now need to get some carnauba wax.

He of the High Peakaboo District put me on to Autoglym's Extra Gloss Protection after Meguiarification......dead easy to put on and take off, and the gloss is incredible. Also finished ma glassware with RaineX....sheds water better than a Gulf of Mexico pelican now.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Very nice - I have the same car but without style pack! Regarding carnuba - you'd go along way to beat Collinite #915. Can be had for around £25 and it provides excellent protection with good looks! If you do invest makesure you only apply to one panel at a time or it can be difficult to buff off.

I must get some pics loaded up of my Rav

Blue

Very nice - I have the same car but without style pack! Regarding carnuba - you'd go along way to beat Collinite #915. Can be had for around £25 and it provides excellent protection with good looks! If you do invest makesure you only apply to one panel at a time or it can be difficult to buff off.

Blue

Just been reimbursed by PayPal for an eBay scam on Thule footpacks*, so took your advice and just spent the money on Collinite 915 and Snow Foam. Need to get it all applied, and then get a photo of the quartz effect in the sun.

* I suppose I should have known better when the seller's name was dryroastedpeanuthead and his email adress began with somalianlookingsi... :rolleyes:

Blue

Just been reimbursed by PayPal for an eBay scam on Thule footpacks*, so took your advice and just spent the money on Collinite 915 and Snow Foam. Need to get it all applied, and then get a photo of the quartz effect in the sun.

* I suppose I should have known better when the seller's name was dryroastedpeanuthead and his email adress began with somalianlookingsi... :rolleyes:

Collinite is a top wax. I normally try and put on 2 layers going into winter time. It's durability is great! Do you have a wax applicator pad and half a dozen microfibre cloths? Collinite can be hard work to remove so best to apply only to 1-2 panels and then buff off. It's well worth the effort and a tin will last you years! You can also use a bit of quick detailer over the top of wax to remove any residue left behind after buffing.

Here's two pictures of my Rav4 wearing Swisswax to wet your appetitie.... :drool:

rav4final1.jpg

rav4final2.jpg

Blue

Collinite is a top wax. I normally try and put on 2 layers going into winter time. It's durability is great! Do you have a wax applicator pad and half a dozen microfibre cloths? Collinite can be hard work to remove so best to apply only to 1-2 panels and then buff off. It's well worth the effort and a tin will last you years! You can also use a bit of quick detailer over the top of wax to remove any residue left behind after buffing.

Here's two pictures of my Rav4 wearing Swisswax to wet your appetitie.... :drool:

rav4final1.jpg

rav4final2.jpg

Wow - that's a fantastic, deep finish. The Collinite comes with microfibre cloths and sponge applicator. I also bought a load of microfibre cloths from Asda - 3 for a pound and they do the job very well. Just need some decent weather.

Flippin' 'eck Blue. its hard to tell what colour it is. Don't forget to show us the process and I will pin it.

Flippin' 'eck Blue. its hard to tell what colour it is. Don't forget to show us the process and I will pin it.

Thanks Anch - It's Yew green :thumbsup:

Blue

Blue

How to confuse yer average Glesga punter like me, by signing off "....it's Yew Green....Blue" :lol:

Absolutely stonkifyingly great gloss, Blueboy....as Anchs said, colour now difficult to make out.

I take it you did this by machine, or is this why you've got that large shoulder profile?

Blue

How to confuse yer average Glesga punter like me, by signing off "....it's Yew Green....Blue" :lol:

Absolutely stonkifyingly great gloss, Blueboy....as Anchs said, colour now difficult to make out.

I take it you did this by machine, or is this why you've got that large shoulder profile?

Nah thats coz I haven't got back into running after a heavy winter!!

I hate the name 'Yew Green' who decided to call it that? I fully machine polished the car back in 2008 so all it needed was a light polish and a paint cleanser. The paint is strange, when fully detailed it looks almost blue but when dirty its most definately green!

I have a full write but in terms of paint correction, not much required this time. Will post up when I get a spare moment

Blue

I hate the name 'Yew Green' who decided to call it that?

Same person that called mine "Tidal Blue" probably! At least yours is similar to the foliage on a yew tree, I've never taken drugs so never seen purple in the sea. Blue and grey, fair enough.

• 4 weeks later...

mine.

sdc11453j.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think the white is stunning - although I'm a bit freaked that there are no footprints leading to/from the vehicle.......eek.gif

My "new" Hilux is white......

• 2 months later...

My new motor. A 2002 D4-D with 58k and FSH. :)

motory.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks brand new :thumbsup:

Bit like a promo shot with that background scenery

Cheers DavRav. I wish I could claim credit for my photographic skills but it was a quick snap with the phone camera taken 5 mins from my house. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links