Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Photo's.

Uncle Bob

P1030443_zpsf4272a2f.jpg

Pic of my latest addition, amongst the others

post-128275-0-29094800-1373414296_thumb.

post-128275-0-95343100-1373414371_thumb.

post-128275-0-23411800-1373415485_thumb.

Taken on the road to applecross near toridon.

post-128275-0-36597900-1373572574_thumb.

My 2 pride and joys.

attachicon.gifRav-1a.jpg

attachicon.gifRav-2.jpg

attachicon.gifRav-3.jpg

Taken on the road to applecross near toridon.

I've always liked the 3 door, the last of them are still fetching top money.

Yes it a superb motor, the wife just loves it, and finally got her interested in taking pride in a car.

I had a shot in a shogun and a merc which to me are big and cumbersome, so I thought it may be a strange feeling going from my Celica to the Rav4, but they are so different and the Rav4 is sooo nice to drive that it doesnt bother me.

I now have a car for all occasions.....and got the best of both worlds...............Bl**dy hard work keeping both clean and polished now tho......lol

• 2 weeks later...

my wife has one of these rav 4 things and she loves it. i was wondering if it will ever get bigger?

Cleaned the car today, it'll be dirty tomorrow!

post-98117-0-11183800-1375281611_thumb.j

Cannae wack black when it be clean,Dave......then ye get up the next morning, and it's black, again.......

• 2 weeks later...

Just changed the nrg after 10 years for this liitle 32k miles xtr.owned by toyota gb for 6 months and 1 careful lady owner for the rest

post-98863-0-35003700-1376331613_thumb.j

Just changed the nrg after 10 years for this liitle 32k miles xtr.owned by toyota gb for 6 months and 1 careful lady owner for the rest

What a beauty Tony! The more I see of these 3 door RAVs, the more I regret never having had one. Bring 'em back Toyota!

Too be honest I'd given up on finding something to replace my old 3 door, looked at quite a few different makes and other toyotas, but nothing comes near the 3 door rav for me.so I was going to refurb it next year, and out of the blue the geezer who services my 2 toyotas phoned me up and asked me if I was interested in this one. Just swapped my wheels and bars over and deal done

Probably not as good a finish as Charlie or Kev could get but not bad for Autoglym Super Resin Polish, Extra Gloss and lots of polishing cloths, eh??

post-49435-0-50314600-1376335060_thumb.j

post-49435-0-76261100-1376335071_thumb.j

Very nice, Dont you just luv the 3 door ones......... :thumbsup:

WOW.Just been catching up with all the piccys,back to January, of these fantastic looking Ravs all gleaming and spotless,what a cracking looking motor the Rav is :thumbsup:

Just washed ours for the first time in a while and noticed some small scratches and marks,especially bird poo which has lleft stains in some places,will they come out at all??

WOW.Just been catching up with all the piccys,back to January, of these fantastic looking Ravs all gleaming and spotless,what a cracking looking motor the Rav is :thumbsup:

Just washed ours for the first time in a while and noticed some small scratches and marks,especially bird poo which has lleft stains in some places,will they come out at all??

Bird carp can leave some nasty stains but I'm sure that Charlie or Kev will be able to advise on possible solutions.

As I understand it, what happens is that although there is some chemical attack (depending on what the little darling has been feeding on), a good wax finish helps to prevent or, at least, slow this. The other problem is that the bird droppings shield the surface underneath and depending on how long it's allowed to remain on the car, the rest of the paintwork continues to degrade at its original rate, hence a growing change in colour between the paint under the s**t and the rest, over time.

Best defence though is to keep the wax finish reasonably up to date and wiash off any bird carp as soon as you can - might seem anal but it's really the only way to make sure you avoid staining & discolouration..

My advice is to hit your finish with a clay bar to get rid of all surface contaminants. You'd be amazed at what claying your car gets off the surface. Then use a polishing compound to get any swirl marks out. If the bird crap was there for a long time you might have some minor damage, so you might need a good cleaning polish. Once polished out, then two coats of wax or sealant to finish the job :). Like firemac said, the best protection you could do is to keep up with regular waxing. I wax religiously and more than I probably need to, but with a good wax like Duragloss 111, you should get lasting results that will allow you to go months before reapplication. Important thing is to keep up with it and clean off stuff like Bird crap as soon as you see it.

Thanks both for the quck replies. :thumbsup:

Never used a clay bar before and i last waxed the Rav back in March -April time.

Mrs P has had to park in a different place at work which is under trees so was getting carpped on every day a lot and i was going down each night just to wash it off but other things took over and the Rav has been neglected lately hence the stains now,which to be honest now its dred i can't see but was definately there when i was washing it earlier.??

I'm afraid due to an eye condition i have i can't look at the paintwork for too long so i think my waxing isn't upto scratch,parden the pun,even trying to do a little at a time.Even washing it now i leave patches of dirt showing which Mrs P points out :blushing:

i do use Collinite Marque D' Elegance,recommended by a friend.??

Here is my Rav.

2005 D4D 3 door model.

Wheels powder coated black, PBR spare wheel cover decal, rockford Fosgate Speakers and a LIndop Tuning box otherwise standard.

post-133696-0-48572800-1376906040_thumb.

post-133696-0-29316200-1376906061_thumb.

post-133696-0-35921200-1376906080_thumb.

• Like 1

Here is my Rav.

2005 D4D 3 door model.

Wheels powder coated black, PBR spare wheel cover decal, rockford Fosgate speakers and a LIndop Tuning box otherwise standard.

Nice. Just the right hint of evil, if you don't mind me saying so.

Almost makes me wish that I hadn't traded my 3-dr..... Oh well.

Here is my Rav.

2005 D4D 3 door model.

Wheels powder coated black, PBR spare wheel cover decal, rockford Fosgate speakers and a LIndop Tuning box otherwise standard.

Nice. Just the right hint of evil, if you don't mind me saying so.

Almost makes me wish that I hadn't traded my 3-dr..... Oh well.

Thanks, I did toy with the idea of doing something to black out the grill area (slightly different from standard) but couldn't decide on anything without the risk of ruining the front end appearance.