Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Photo's.

Uncle Bob

Hi Kenny car is looking great and on one of the best roads in the country

DSC02639.jpg

Pass of the Cattle.

WOW.Just been catching up with all the piccys,back to January, of these fantastic looking Ravs all gleaming and spotless,what a cracking looking motor the Rav is :thumbsup:

Just washed ours for the first time in a while and noticed some small scratches and marks,especially bird poo which has lleft stains in some places,will they come out at all??

The acidity of bird lime can burn the paint or in reality the lacquer.. Best way to remove these marks is to polish them out just as you would polish out a scratch or swirling marks.. Claying will not remove anything but the muck and bonded contaminants which is the grime and oily film and just about any thing that gets on the car in normal use..... The severity of the damage will determine which polish is appropriate but remember a low cut polish will just take longer, It will still do the job safely just a wee bit more polishing needed.... HTH.

Yeah was nice day David and good trip with the baby rav.......next time I take the T sport......mmmmmm

WOW.Just been catching up with all the piccys,back to January, of these fantastic looking Ravs all gleaming and spotless,what a cracking looking motor the Rav is :thumbsup:

Just washed ours for the first time in a while and noticed some small scratches and marks,especially bird poo which has lleft stains in some places,will they come out at all??

The acidity of bird lime can burn the paint or in reality the lacquer.. Best way to remove these marks is to polish them out just as you would polish out a scratch or swirling marks.. Claying will not remove anything but the muck and bonded contaminants which is the grime and oily film and just about any thing that gets on the car in normal use..... The severity of the damage will determine which polish is appropriate but remember a low cut polish will just take longer, It will still do the job safely just a wee bit more polishing needed.... HTH.

Thanks Charlie.

What would you recommend without me causing damage to the paintwork??

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, 3rd Rav now.

62 plate XTR 150.

add ons:

T180 alloys (refurbed) with new 235/55/18 Hankook Ventus ST tyres all round.

(I was a bit nervous about fitting T180 alloys on Rav4 without arches but looks quite nice & body roll is reduced right down with the larger / wider tyres too)

TTE rear spoiler.

Toyota front guard.

Side steps

Mudflaps (x4, front ones "dremmelled"!)

Rear bumper sill guard.

Toyota fixed towbar

Black roof rails with black cross bard (very handy for ladder / snowboard etc.)

"Go" Sat nav part installed, registered all working with SMS service through it too.

Lindop Toyota chip (should hopefully see about 165bhp - certainly more torque available - the important part)

K&N panel filter, love the sound of the turbo spooling up and down.

null_zps2dfe73fa.jpg

You will most likely get a bit more than 165 BHP, but as you say the important bit is the torque. It is difficult to give an exact figure as there are so many variables such as ambient temperature, type of fuel etc. The T180's I have had Dyno'd are only ever 166 ish instead of the quoted 177 BHP, so a 150 is likely to be a bit less too, however you should see an improvement in torque of around 20%..........anyhoo it matters not a jot what a Dyno says, it's the way it drives that counts :wheelchair::scooter:

It's looking good Smiler :yes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Okay, 3rd Rav now.

62 plate XTR 150.

add ons:

T180 alloys (refurbed) with new 235/55/18 Hankook Ventus ST tyres all round.

(I was a bit nervous about fitting T180 alloys on Rav4 without arches but looks quite nice & body roll is reduced right down with the larger / wider tyres too)

TTE rear spoiler.

Toyota front guard.

Side steps

Mudflaps (x4, front ones "dremmelled"!)

Rear bumper sill guard.

Toyota fixed towbar

Black roof rails with black cross bard (very handy for ladder / snowboard etc.)

"Go" Sat nav part installed, registered all working with SMS service through it too.

Lindop Toyota chip (should hopefully see about 165bhp - certainly more torque available - the important part)

K&N panel filter, love the sound of the turbo spooling up and down.

null_zps2dfe73fa.jpg

Your Rav is a belter Aaron, took me right back.......................................................................................................................................................................

100_0796.jpg

Yep, I still preferred the looks of my XT5 with sunroof and bumper as yours.

Still getting used to the front "chin" on the 4.3.5's.

• 3 weeks later...

Nudging quarter of a million hits now Bob.

Hello Don, yes I'm very proud how well this thread is doing :)

• 2 weeks later...

A few new pictures during some gentle off-roading today.

null_zpsc42e5dd3.jpg

null_zpsd11f7f45.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice indeed David, I love the Highland Green but the thought of keeping it clean and 'swirl' free diverted me/us to a white one. I'm in the process of acquiring a set of pitlane alloys to put winter tyres on. I omitted a style pack from ours as I thought the steps impeded ground clearance but I notice you have the front end pack and no steps ?

I just bought the front and rear as separate parts as did not want the side steps. My wife does not like them. I've got the original silver alloys for the winters.

I just bought the front and rear as separate parts as did not want the side steps. My wife does not like them. I've got the original silver alloys for the winters.

Any photos of your rear David ? .............The Rav that is.....

I might have to invest in the rear bumper trim, it breaks the black up nicely. Lovely Rav you have.

Thanks. My wife picked the colour. I wanted a blue one but it was her turn. Can't complain as I have my blue Celica anyway. I think it goes well with the dark wheels. Looks mean. I think the white was second on her list but she'd never keep it clean when I'm away.

null_zpsb7948d46.jpg

Stonkin Rav you have there, one thing I would do if you dont mind me saying, there is a trim piece for the bottom

of the number plate area (also one for the top). It reduces the oversize look of where the number plate goes which

looks kind of big as it has to accomodate the bigger plates for other countries.

Hi Dave have not seen that number plate trim. Is it a Mr. T part or aftermarket? Was thinking of fitting a carbon one from the JDM Celica Gen7. Going to change both plates anyway as I don't like to see the screws and prefer carbon numbers.

Hi Dave have not seen that number plate trim. Is it a Mr. T part or aftermarket? Was thinking of fitting a carbon one from the JDM Celica Gen7. Going to change both plates anyway as I don't like to see the screws and prefer carbon numbers.

Don't know if Toyota do an OEM one, but I saw them on e-bay a couple of weeks ago. The Australia/ Far East area seem to have

a lot of accessories for the 4.4.

Could not find the bottom one again (out of stock ? ) but here are a couple of examples for the top one -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless-Steel-Rear-Tailgate-Lid-molding-trim-Chrome-Toyota-RAV4-2013-up-2014-/171124691880?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27d7d393a8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrome-Rear-Trunk-tailgate-Lid-molding-trim-Toyota-RAV4-2013-up-2014-/171128359440?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27d80b8a10

I like the narrower of the two. The trim that runs along the very bottom of the tailgate is available from Toyota G.B, if that's the one you're referring to ? I considering fitting one on mine. It's on the Rav accessories list on the Toyota G.B website.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links