Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Photo's.

Uncle Bob

Very nice.

It's surprising how the front gaurd and side steps alter the proportions. I may indulge at some stage.

C'mon Dave, its only money :thumbsup: Getting wifey to confiscate your means of payment is just the first step towards sweet talking her around to it. We know what your up to.

Mine is coming up to 6500 miles and it is as sweet as a nut (strange saying). It goes like a rocket and everything is loosening up. Even my notchy box is becoming silky smooth.

Tempted?

Regards.

YES, :crybaby: give me a hard slap on back of head right now :wacko:

(only had the 4.2 12 months)

Dave.

Resist Dave! :)

I had a look back through the photos and you have a beautiful looking RAV 4.2, a credit to you :thumbsup: More photos please.

Just remember to smile at the boring CRV's, pity the Freelander's (on their way back for more repairs) and feel sorry for the Touareg's constantly being refilled!

Also remember, Mr T is already working on RAV 4.4! Due to hit the showrooms........4.3 facelift...guess 2008...........4.4 launch......2010/2011 :P

Keeping up with cars these days is impossible, like trying to keep up with PC's/DVD's/etc, things are constantly moving forward. I have spent to much money on cars in the past, hopefully I can keep my lovely RAV for a good long time and enjoy many many years of happy driving! :) With luck my next car will be RAV 4.5! :thumbsup:

Happy driving :)

Fujisan,

thanks for that, like you I also had several cars over a short period of time and was never happy with any

till I got my Rav. My wife likes it so much she has threatened divorce if I change again, not to mention all

the cash lost to squealers. I have also spent over £600 on accessories (maybe I should stand by my origional

statement and get wife to confiscate plastic). I actually really like my Rav and will probably keep it for another

couple of years. Hope to take more photos shortly when on holiday. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Dave.

As promised, a pic of the Rav on family camping duty in Dorset last weekend :)

Fitted all the junk in, plus wife, 2 kids and dog with room to spare.

Easy 80mph+ crusing on Motorways etc and still got 35 mpg :yahoo:

Only wish the weather had been better (but at least the tent got a good work out!!!) :wacko:

Would have tried for a few "off road" shots, but I feared she would have sunk up to her doorhandles in the mud!!! :help:

Campingrav.jpg

Sussex_paul nice tent.....I have the same one... :thumbsup:

Only wish I had the T180 as well.....Still saving and on second jar of 2p & 5p now......

Did you clean your car down there before taking the photo..looks too clean for such a long journey.....

There's those side steps again.

I may have to invest at some time but I think they look best on the silver.

Where is the floatation collar for the tent or did you roost in the tree at night?

There's those side steps again.

I may have to invest at some time but I think they look best on the silver.

Where is the floatation collar for the tent or did you roost in the tree at night?

Anchorman,

That chrome stuff would look great on your red Rav, just my 2p's worth but I think

it suits the darker colours better :thumbsup:

Paul, you are winding us up arent you ? Not a drop of water in sight and a spotless car,

is this last years photo or did you paste the background to a photo of your Rav :yahoo:

(only kidding looks like a good time was had)

Cheers,

Dave.

After being stuck away in the garage over winter, it took me and the wife a bit longer than usual to remember how to erect it (ooh er!) - The tent that is! :rolleyes:

So by the time this photo was taken it was getting on 9pm.

Honest Guys, the car WAS FILTHY (note the less than clean alloys), but fortunately, in the downsized pic you see here, and with the benefit of the low light conditions, it does, I concede, look cleaner than it was!!! :eek:

Did have to laugh at the wife on Satuday night though, she was sure we'd be floating off at any time - it was that bad!!! Can't beat a bit of Outwell though - not a drop got in and nothing blew away!!! :clap:

Just fyi Anchorman, the chrome bits on mine aren't side steps, they're Chrome Tubes, I think Dave.M called them Rocksliders or something!!! :laughing:

Just fyi Anchorman, the chrome bits on mine aren't side steps, they're Chrome Tubes, I think Dave.M called them Rocksliders or something!!! :laughing:

Yes friends, our allies across the pond do in fact call them rock sliders. They find them useful when they go

offroading in their 4X4's especially on dry river beds where they protect sills etc from boulders and rocks

hence the name :wacko:

Now hands up anyone in the UK who can find a dry river bed to go offroading ?..........................Anyone......

Ever ? :thumbsup:

Dave.

Wow Paul, low light conditions or not that is still a good looking clean car :thumbsup:

And amazed you got so much stuff, tents, people, etc, in to the RAV. They are wonderful cars. :yahoo:

I know when we went to Holland earlier this year, loaded everything in to the back of my RAV for the trip to the airport and it laughed at us "Is that all you have!"

Can't wait for a trip down to Cornwall later this year and see how it copes then, again full of pushchairs and baby stuff. I can almost hear the RAV laughing at us now "Bring it on" ;)

Also, it will be interesting to see the mpg after a good long run.

PS Anchorman, I caught a fleeting glimse a Red RAV 4.3 in the town yesterday, the same as yours, it looked very nice. :thumbsup: The first I have seen in that colour. Unfortunately no front guard or side steps or other chrome bits on it, so I can't tell you how your's might look.

Now hands up anyone in the UK who can find a dry river bed to go offroading ?..........................Anyone......

Ever ? :thumbsup:

hmmm, rain rain rain :unsure:

I'm still getting over the shock of buying it. I said I'd never buy a new car because of the depreciation so I think I'll try and regain conciousness before I go buying any more kit for it.

And amazed you got so much stuff, tents, people, etc, in to the RAV. They are wonderful cars. :yahoo:

I know when we went to Holland earlier this year, loaded everything in to the back of my RAV for the trip to the airport and it laughed at us "Is that all you have!"

Can't wait for a trip down to Cornwall later this year and see how it copes then, again full of pushchairs and baby stuff. I can almost hear the RAV laughing at us now "Bring it on" ;)

Fujisan,

Forget flying - We drove to CentreParcs in Holland for a weeks holiday over Easter this year.

I can't tell you just how good the car feels on the lovely, smooooooooth Continental motorways! B)

And as for the car's capacity to swallow up kit, on top of all the gubbins you take for a week away, my credit card's still smoking from the thrashing I gave it buying booze in Citie Europe on the return journey - All of which fitted in without complaint!! :drunk:

Anchorman,

I had exactly the same views as you (never buy a new car).

My only comfort is that we still own the SUV with the slowest depreciation in it's class. (Your D4D XT4 is actually the best out of the current Rav range too!) :toast:

If my experience last year with my brand new 4.2 D4D XT-R was any guide, (bought for £20,450 and part ex'd for my T180 exactly a year and 12,000 miles later for £17,500), I'll still be happy :yahoo:

Paul,

Believe me I would have loved to drive to / on the continent but we were using it has a test run if you like. To see how our little boy coped with air travel (he was 18 months at the time) and how we coped with all the baby stuff, pushchairs through airport security etc, before we go long haul next year to see family and friends.

Happily, my little star loved flying. There and back fell asleep almost before we had taken off. :thumbsup:

Yours truely, on the other hand, must have been a picture, sipping milk from the lad's bottle for the security guards :rolleyes:

One day we will go on a driving holiday, probably cross country to Hull and a ferry from there.

My mate had driven several times, on holiday, from here in the north west, down to the tunnel and then up through France and Belgium, too the heart of the Black forest in Germany.......in one day! :blink:

Can't say I fancy that schedule myself but one day we will take the RAV for a long drive. ;)

th_3.jpgth_2.jpgth_1.jpg

My Rav4 at Southport Beach and it's not raining! :yahoo:

Hey, 1878 what are you playing at ? Dont you know you have to put the photos on in such a way that we can do

a bit of cyber tyre kicking, and make sure you are not winding us up about the lack of rain in photos. :thumbsup:

Actually nice Rav on a nice setting been there many times and thought by now that the do gooders would have

stopped cars on the beach, nice to see they haven't. :rolleyes:

ATB

Dave.

Gwil,

Wonderful photo :thumbsup:

Great scenary, I love Snowdonia. Had many a wonderful (and wet) day walking in the mountains.

Even enjoy carefully driving in Snowdonia.

As you know better than I do, you just had to keep your wits about you and a sharp eye open for the weekend warriors on their superbikes and the coppers around every corner.

Again super photo :toast: More please.

th_3.jpgth_2.jpgth_1.jpg

What have you used to tint the rear windows?

th_3.jpgth_2.jpgth_1.jpg

Mines tinted on the T180, but I didn,t realised it was done on the XT4 as well, or was it a factory add-on?

Clare

Hi, my Rav in sunny Snowdonia today

Nice to see some more shots of Snowdonia...in the whole two weeks I was there, never saw the top of the mountain or some of it as it was permanently obscured by cloud cover....

But outstanding scenery when the clouds did clear.....Keep those RAV photo's coming....

th_3.jpgth_2.jpgth_1.jpg

Mines tinted on the T180, but I didn,t realised it was done on the XT4 as well, or was it a factory add-on?

Clare

Fairly sure its added Clare - look at the earlier post on window film. The big question is if an XTR has had film applied, presumably at the import centre, has a T180? or is it definitely dark tint??

This XT4 didn't come with it so I'm interested. These film kits are available in every car accessory store in the USA and they are cheap (about £15 I think) and I found this site;

http://www.tintexpress.co.uk/store/erol.html?ref=gw1#8399X0

where you can by the film at a similar price. I just want to know if it is successful on the rear window heater and rear opening windows.

Cheers

th_3.jpgth_2.jpgth_1.jpg

Clare

Had the window tints done by the tintman in St Helens, done a great job highly reccomend him. :thumbsup:

Nice to see more super additions to our ever growing photo-tastic collection :clap:

It looks like we're definately moving away from driveway pics now, what with beach and mountain shots now!!! :thumbsup:

Dave, is cyber tyre kicking a legal activity or does it constitute and offence under the Computer Misuse Act???!!! :lol:

More please!!!!!

Nice to see more super additions to our ever growing photo-tastic collection :clap:

It looks like we're definately moving away from driveway pics now, what with beach and mountain shots now!!! :thumbsup:

Dave, is cyber tyre kicking a legal activity or does it constitute and offence under the Computer Misuse Act???!!! :lol:

More please!!!!!

Paul, do you think I should register it as some sort of domain name ? :rolleyes:

Anyway the gauntlet has definitely been thrown down, I'm off to channel islands at end of week so expect

to see a blue Rav with lighthouses and castles coming out the roof when I get back. :yahoo:

ATB

Dave.