Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gurgle Gurgle....

I have a MR2 MkII Turbo and just when I parked the thing up just now and switched off the engine, I could hear sopme gurgling type sounds coming from the engine area...

anyone know why ? I've heard you have to let the engine idle after a hard run... could the noise be because I didn't ? Also, how long o you have to let it idle for ?

Sounds like you have got a lot of pressure in the radiator expansion bottle mate?

jerry!!

could be water still running through the system at a guess ?

Spot on! I've driven a number of Turbos, I own a Turbo, they all do this, particularly after a hard run - nothing to worry about :)

to add to dames response (who answered this very question for me about 2 months ago), it does seem to be a normal, and nothing to worry about sound.

however i've just changed my coolant (bled, topped up, bled again - 2 hours), now the system is nice and full with no air i no longer get this bubbling sound. :thumbsup:

perhaps there is air in the heater Matrix.. suggests getting the cooling system bled...

to add to dames response (who answered this very question for me about 2 months ago), it does seem to be a normal, and nothing to worry about sound.

however i've just changed my coolant (bled, topped up, bled again - 2 hours), now the system is nice and full with no air i no longer get this bubbling sound. :thumbsup:

Any chance of putting a howto together and posting it in workshop submissions, we need more technical howto's in there....

consider it done ryan,...i'll sort it in a while,......

thanks to neil clark as he sent me the description of how to do the coolant change, i cut a few corners but the results were the same. if neil doesn' :thumbsup: t mind i may cut and paste his description into the technical area.

P.S It is most important to let the engine idle after a long run (Turbo's) this will allow the oil to sufficiently lubricate the Turbo bearings. I usually lave mine for at least two minutes.

P.S It is most important to let the engine idle after a long run (Turbo's) this will allow the oil to sufficiently lubricate the Turbo bearings. I usually lave mine for at least two minutes.

I always give mine 2 mins minimum even at petrol stations!

Also everyone remember to warm your turbo up a bit before giving it some :thumbsup:

it may be just my car but i can actually hear the turbo slow down, usually happens about 1 and a half mins into idle, less, if not gone too fast. makes a distinct, slowing, whirring noise. takes out the guesswork for me :thumbsup: