Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Remove The Verso's Radio Console

Martin6

Hi all,

The center console on my verso doesn't seem to be fitted straight, which results in the compartment on top of the dash having a big gap on the left and no gap on the right. I am guessing that somebody (previous owner or dealer) has had the console out and not put it back properly. I could get the dealership to put it right but its not critical and would probably cost quite a lot. Since some forum members have had their radios out, I was hoping that one of you could tell me how to do that so I could have a squint inside and perhaps see whats causing it.

Any help gratefully recieved.

Martin

Hi all,

The center console on my verso doesn't seem to be fitted straight, which results in the compartment on top of the dash having a big gap on the left and no gap on the right. I am guessing that somebody (previous owner or dealer) has had the console out and not put it back properly. I could get the dealership to put it right but its not critical and would probably cost quite a lot. Since some forum members have had their radios out, I was hoping that one of you could tell me how to do that so I could have a squint inside and perhaps see whats causing it.

Any help gratefully recieved.

Martin

Hi -

99% of the Versos have that gap on the left of the lid above the head-unit. Mine has to and I bought it brand new. It's a factory 'moulding' error.

If you really want to remove the head-unit though, then very carefully unclip the air vent strips on either side of the head-unit by sliding a blade underneath the strips and pull them upwards. Be very carefull not to force it to prevent breking the clips that hold these air vent strips. Once removed, will you find screws on either side of the head-unit.

Erwin

99% of the Versos have that gap on the left of the lid above the head-unit. Mine has to and I bought it brand new. It's a factory 'moulding' error.

I think that figure can include the Corolla as I have also had the same problem on mine (check the corolla thread) and many others.

I have had 2 new dashes fitted an 2 separate modifications carried out to, however the problem is still not solved.

They are now going to replace the mounts on the CD player.

If it's still under warranty get it sorted as it's free - and after they have done something and it's still bad just take it back again as any work carried out is guarrantied for another year.

I take it that you go to Inchcape :!Removed!: :wacko:

My2005 verso has this gap also,

take it back to the dealership as I believe if you fiddle with it you may intrude on the warrenty.

I have the same problem with the left side higher than the right and am sure its a moulding problem . I have just put 2 x 1 pence coin under the right foot and closed the lid in the hope that this pressure bending the lid to the right shape will , in the long term , straighten it up . I know it may take a while but its worth a try.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

To remove the stereo on a Corolla Verso (2004) see this document:

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/legacy/Toy/aimuploads/%7B21BA5C89-3C95-4B2D-B9E7-A5339C11349B%7D/ICE%20RHD%20AIM%20000%20094-2%20PZ462-E8371-00%20PZ457-00370-00.pdf

Corolla Verso (2007):

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/legacy/Toy/aimuploads/%7B9BA6DF8B-26D8-6689-1F9B-8E7B702026D8%7D/ICE_Gen2_RHD_PZ462_E8372_00_AIM_001%20025_1.pdf

I'm going to use the first one to take the head unit out of my 55 plate T180 this week. I downloaded the second one too as it has more details on the clip points for the panels that flank the main head unit. I really don't want to break them as those clips seem to break all the time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links