Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Neons In Footwells

Leanneyb

Hi,

I am new on here although i have had my Aygo for 2 and a half months.

I wanted to fit some neons in the footwells and was wondering how to go about doing this.

Thank you

I did that ages ago to my yaris, then i grew outa the charv stage and took them all off. Just attach them on the underside of the dash (out of view) with sticky pads and hide all wires.

not really hard to fit stuff like that. should come with instructions but just wire the positive and negetive wires to the Battery and run it into the cabin though the gromit in the drivers side then just find sumwhere to fit the neons to.

i think there is a space running behind the dash so u can the passanger one in. If not then take the sterio out and just run it though there (look where the footwell fans are then u can put them up though there)

could you not just wear a burberry cap instead?

It'd have the same effect, be cheaper, and at least wouldnt ruin the Aygo.

;)

What a nice way of welcoming a new member :o

welcome to TOC

Thanks for the sensible comments, i was recommended to this site by a friend as i was told that you guys are all really friendly and helpful... i guess not all you guys.

And i take great offense at being called a chav!!

could you not just wear a burberry cap instead?

It'd have the same effect, be cheaper, and at least wouldnt ruin the Aygo.

;)

What a nice way of welcoming a new member :o

welcome to TOC

Hey - even breezer agreed it was a bad idea - and that saying something if were on the same page...

My apologies - i didnt notice you were new.

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

Dont ruin your Aygo with max power-esq mods though - its too good a car for that. B)

(better?)

Yeh they were.

Sorry Leanny if i offended you but it wasnt meant to, i was just saying i did loads of stuff like neons etc to the yaris years ago which at the time i thought was cool and not chav (even though i wasnt and never been a chav), but i grew out of that. Neons can be okay if you do a good job and dont overdo them.

But remember, each to their own, theres always people who arent going to like things, and some that do :) Anyways welcome to the forums.

When I open the door to get into the Soarer, the footwell is bathed in a pleasant green glow so that in the dark you can see where you are putting your feet.

UK importers were charging £75000 for new Soarers in the early nineties, so I very much doubt it would be called a chav car :thumbsup:

Each to their own :D

Paul.

Welcome to TOC Leanneyb :group-cuddles:

If you like neons mate do it :thumbsup:

my s15 comes with standard nissan blue lights under the dash :D so i get a blue glow not green like Pauls!

i dont think fidgets or breezer ment any harm , your friends right we are a friendly bunch :meet:

kimi :wub:

by the way they wont work for long lol. i used to have cheesey blue neons on my washers in my old car, they looked so !Removed! and in the end only one worked! only lasted bout a month and in that time my silly phase had worn off lol.

pretty easy to install tho should come with instructions, but dont take any from me cos i cant remember exactly how to do them ;)

xxx

Neons are well cool, nout better then a blue neon glow i have a pair but the box thing broke. Used to have them in a 206 and they looked mint. But was thinkin about putting them in the front grill (just for show)

and... my sub has a blue neon looking ring around the speaker which is well cool!

lol anyway just got in from work so am going to bed cos it like half 4 in the morning.

Hi

You are all forgiven now for taking the mick! lol!

Well my BF has had his in his footwells of his Yaris T Sport for about 2 years and they work fine, i think they look nice, i mean i am only talking two little lights in the footwells not covering my whole Aygo in them.

I bought a facia to change my stereo but it looks very complicated to change anyone done this yet?

yea it looks hard but it'll be pretty stright forward, a few people have done it on here, are u having trouble with actually putting the stero in or putting the facia in?

Hiya, Welcome to TOC :)

I like subtle neons as I call them but do whatever you want at the end of the day - it is your car after all.

it is poss to put a new stereo in, (i thought these cars were like yaris's where u cant put new stereo's in, but u can ) :D thank god! got my local dealer to do mine 4 me! and it sounds mint! even got a 15'' sub too :)

Can fit stereo's in yaris' too!

Just more awkward isn't it?

Can fit stereo's in yaris' too!

Just more awkward isn't it?

Remove the whole centre console by pulling out the heater knob and then unscrew the screw then pull the whole lot off and unclip the wires. Unclip the original radio and the put in your facia. Easy as that. Reverse order to put it back in.