Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Did A Blue Peter Job

yellowchinaman

So all I need is a power cap to deliver the higher end of power when needed?

Also the box is vented. You see where the sides are sliped in the boot there is a gap for theair to pass through allowing the subs to move

You can see it in the picture just before I carpited it.

But what do you mean when you siad I needed 2-2.5cf each to run it properly?

So all I need is a power cap to deliver the higher end of power when needed?

Also the box is vented. You see where the sides are sliped in the boot there is a gap for theair to pass through allowing the subs to move

You can see it in the picture just before I carpited it.

But what do you mean when you siad I needed 2-2.5cf each to run it properly?

Not exactly, a power cap is going to help and help alot but its not a mirical, the box being ported is not helping, your subs are designed to run in a sealed enclosure, as i said earlier the air inside the sealed box acts like a cusion, free air subs and subs for a ported box are a lot stiffer as thay have less damping by air !!! what i said about the 2 to 2.5cf box is the size, 2 cubic feet to 2.5cubic feet, this would be the ideal size in a sealed enclosure, the sound would simple be amazing, but hay, you done a good job and unless your going to compete in spl or quality comps and your happy with the sound then i wouldnt worry to much.

ive just done this to mine

but worked stopped when i went on my hols

i have got to get it finished for japfest 2 so it will be all finished next weekP1010062.jpg

ive just done this to mine

but worked stopped when i went on my hols

i have got to get it finished for japfest 2 so it will be all finished next weekP1010062.jpg

Another nice build but this time the air being moved in the boot area is affecting the 6x9's performance, all verry nice builds if looks are what you are trying to achive, but if its sound quality then you need to stop the performance of 1 component afecting the performance of another !!!

Wow that is nice! That's a proper short trunk! Last weekend a friend of mine helped tune my head unit and amp and now I can take it to full wack! (actually up to what my ears can handle and I fear my windows) AND OH MAMA it rocks! I've no idea what he''s done but it really kicks hard at half volume and I can't bring myself to take it any further. Now I can honestly say I'm happy with my system. scoobykilla you seem to know alot oabout audio. I'm going to take youradvice and seal the holes and make it a sealed enclosure but that's not going to happen untill my next holiday.

spotipuswhat are the two bits on the side? Perspec pannels withe wires inside or neons?

thanks for the comments they are most appreciated :thumbsup:

the side panels are mdf covered in acoustic cloth

i made a perspex panel to go into these and then covered in two layers of limo black window tint

then i did my grim reaper tempelates

they are backlit with l.e.d.s

since those pics i have also re-carpeted the underside of the parcel shelf to hide the wiring for my 6x9s

there are also two other panels coming back from the side panels which are also carpeted but with these i have cut out the alpine logo which is also back lit with l.e.d.s

after i have finished them all ive got to do is the floor and the rear panel and then she is finished !!

concerning the comment about disrupting the air flow to the sub the sub box is matched to the sub and the side panels are not sealed over the ports on the enclosure so there should still be sufficient air flow to the sub enclosure ( then again ime no expert) :blink:

in fact i dig holes for a living so whatever i say is probably best ignored :D :D

more pics when she is finished :thumbsup:P1010050.jpg

Wow that is nice! That's a proper short trunk! Last weekend a friend of mine helped tune my head unit and amp and now I can take it to full wack! (actually up to what my ears can handle and I fear my windows) AND OH MAMA it rocks! I've no idea what he''s done but it really kicks hard at half volume and I can't bring myself to take it any further. Now I can honestly say I'm happy with my system. scoobykilla you seem to know alot oabout audio. I'm going to take youradvice and seal the holes and make it a sealed enclosure but that's not going to happen untill my next holiday.

spotipuswhat are the two bits on the side? Perspec pannels withe wires inside or neons?

Cheers, yea audio is my thing lol, wish i knew as much about the damn car lol, oh and funny enough i also dig holes for a living, well and grade and back fill lol, im a plant operator. :thumbsup: