Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driving Test

ashley8489

I had my driving test today and took it in my instructors car.

I failed because I didn't check the rear view mirror enough.

Unfortuneately, I'll have to take the test again, which means I won't be able to drive my aygo whenever I want. Gutted! :crybaby:

Just put in for it again, you'll soon pass!

I remember the feeling of having a car sitting on the drive and not being able to go out in it - I passed the next time though!

Keep at it! Good luck! :thumbsup:

I had my driving test today and took it in my instructors car.

I failed because I didn't check the rear view mirror enough.

Unfortuneately, I'll have to take the test again, which means I won't be able to drive my aygo whenever I want. Gutted! :crybaby:

awww dont worry bout it ;) there are worse things in life, just dont go and lose that lisence like i did for 2 months and couldnt drive for aaaaaaaaages! took the test again and failed. i laugh now but it was bad at the time u will pass! just chill out, some examiners are *****s, just be urself, cos if they wanna fail u then they will anyway regardless of how careful u were! its cos they want their commission :)

xxx

Good luck for your next test. It took me a second try to get my licence, it is frustrating when you fail and it can be for the silliest of things that maybe you can't control (I completely :censor: my emergency braking and ended up with the car perpendicular to the road and tyres smoking on my first attempt!).

Fingers crossed for you! At least you'll not be doing what I did and that's not drive for nearly 7 years after passing your test!!!

Best advice for rear view mirror is to move it slightly off your normal viewing position so you force yourself to move your head to view it, that way your not just moving your eyes which the instructor may miss and your conscious that you have to move your head, OTT I know but for the test shows your doing it :D

Good Luck for 2 weeks :D

• 2 weeks later...

Best advice for rear view mirror is to move it slightly off your normal viewing position so you force yourself to move your head to view it, that way your not just moving your eyes which the instructor may miss and your conscious that you have to move your head, OTT I know but for the test shows your doing it :D

Good Luck for 2 weeks :D

although an examiner may put a minor fault against you for not having your mirrors set correctly. Dont worry about the examiner missing you looking in your mirrors, he/she won't - its their job to check and although they can't be looking at your eyes in their mirror all the time - they know when to look for it, trust me they will know if you are looking back at the right time. As long as you arent using your mirrors when you should be looking ahead. you can't use your mirrors enough.

A good idea which I used when instructing is to think that if your intructor/examiner suddenley asked you

"Without looking can you tell me whats behind you?"

and you might say for example "yes a blue car and a bus"

If you cant- then you arent using your mirrors enough"

Good luck with the re-test ;)

Your not too far away from me, i'll keep my eye out for your Aygo once your out an about! :D :thumbsup: