Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mods Up To Now!

Woody27

Hey guys and gals!

I thought i'd give you lot a lil update on mods my cars had so far in my 4 or so months of ownership :)

To fill in the gaps, previously you guys may remember it had horns, TOC stickers :P, HU, Speakers in dash and door, Tsport grill, Rear strut brace, Apexi and a sub.

Since then i have also fitted the Front Strut brace, Lexus lights (which have been sprayed) and TRD brows. Also going on asap are a set of Toyo T1-R's for the front :)

Below are some piccies as i eventually got round to cleaning it! The pics Vary in quality as some are from my phone and others are from a camera (only a cheap one!). There are pics of the lexus on before and after spraying and standard lights to compare easily, there are pics of my TRD brows on, one of the Apexi and Front brace and at the end a few pics of when me and Adam (Yaris SR Kid) met!

I'm particularly proud of the brows and lights which i sprayed myself with no previous experience in this area! The brows were just finishing off a spray job from before which went a little wrong but the Lexus lights were from scratch. I think the lights look similar to stock (so subtle) but smarter and more stylish :D Also they still shine through 100% and the reflectors within them still work :D Also i dont think anyone else had done this before exactly!

There's still more to come in the way of a front under brace, black sunstrip, attempt to paint mirrors (by me), possibly debadging, relocation of Apexi and some more handling mods but i also want to start saving towards a Tsport before i go off to uni in 2007!

Honest opinions please :D

Pics:

My Rear Before

My Rear with lexus

My Rear with Lexus 2

Lexus Lights Sprayed on table

Lexus lights Sprayed on car Straight on

Sprayed Lexus Lights on car Angled

TRD brows straight on

TRD brows Angled

Apexi and Strut brace

Adam and me at Petrol Station

Adam and Me at Tesco

Wow that should keep you lot busy :P

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody27

• Yaris SR Kid

• Ryan1985

• Kerby

Love everything apart from the rear lights.... I'm not a fan of Lexus lights as it is. I admit they look slightly better sprayed than standard, but even then, I dont think they look quite right. :unsure:

Still, the rest of the car is pretty much spot on - a fine example! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comment :D i'm in love with the rear lights as, specially from far away, they look like the stock lights done right! They have symmetry and nice chrome instead of the dirtier looking stock lights. Then as you get close you realise they're definately not standard which adds more interest me thinks. Tbh i'm not a huge fan when they're on at night as the two lights shine through proper lexus light styley but i never go behind my car at night with the lights on as i'm driving it! :P

EDIT: Also to consider i got those lights for £20 so plus the £10 spray and i got a pretty decent, original set of lights for cheap imo :D

Been a while indeed,

Lexus lights are very good now sprayed, not normally something i like.

Horns and badges need removing, as soon as.

Strut and Apexi also nice touches.

Nick

Lol yeah i probably Debadge it :P The horns are gimicy i know (like fluffy dice and the like) but i kinda like it. For a first car they ok :P But yeah other badges probably be removed soon! Just i keep umming and Arring about it :P

Good to see you back nick :D How goes your car?

Definately! It doesn't reduce the body roll but it does increase the responsiveness of the car :D The front makes the car really responsive and follow the wheels well :) The rear you can feel keeping the car together at the back which is nice :P DEFFO worth it imo! Coupled with a nice set of springs they would make the car really pleasant to drive :D Mine could do with the springs sometime but i really want to hold out for Coilovers for the Tsport rather than wasting money now on springs!

have to say mate ur car is comin along nicely :thumbsup: cant believe u havent put credits on ur post to who helped u with ur mods tho :P

and for the lexus lights. im not normally a fan but they do actually look pretty good

O yeah! clarky lent the tool and Chris fitted them for the rear brace and Apexi! Lee painted the brows the first time but they blow over whilst drying so i resprayed them :)

Not looking too shabby there now...

You did look a bit bervous when Chris set about removing your old airbox at JAE! There were a few mods installed in the lineups that day - ask Charlie!

Had a good look at Chris's strutbrace yesterday (same as urs) - nice bit of kit.

Hehe cheers all :D Lol the nervous-ness was the o bugger i just spent £117 on this so it better sound good :P Cheers for brace ross :thumbsup:

Lol infact yours did sound pretty good and mine did whilst fitted BUT i was still a bit concerned that it was over £100 worth of "pretty good"! Then when i was leaving JAE along the motorway i had a smile ear to ear :D I was soooo impressed with the sound that the money seemed more than acceptable :P Now it's starting to wear off a bit so am considering exhaust but dont want to spend too much money atm as im skint :P

DAM YOU ALL :P I'm gonna end up a even poorer than normal Student! I suppose atleast if the car keeps me smiling it will be ok :P Annoying thing is, even though i have been ragging it about in a field all day, instead of that satisfying my need it just fuels my hunger!

Bit like modding :P Adding more mods doesn't make it more complete it makes the rest look like it needs improving to compare with the mods and you just want to add more :P

A'PEXi is spot on as always but I'm not too sure about the lexus lights! I think I like the standards better! :thumbsup:

Woody I met Campervan a little over a year ago in blackpool - I had the booster lip, brake upgrades, full exhaust, CF bonnet, braces etc ...

Campervan 'Nah - love your car, but just wheels and exhaust for me'

... wonder what happened after that?

Yeah i will admit defeat on the modding front but would atleast like to be able to afford a Tsport to carry it onto :P Tis deffo something i really enjoy :D I love the fitting part tbh :) Really looking forward to fitting more bits when i have more money!